Sign in to follow this  

AS RACING Suspension!!!

Well I sent my suspension to Paul and Kelly over at As Racing to get a re valve front and rear... And let me tell you, there craftsmanship and customer service is TOP NOTCH. I only have one word to explain how good my suspension feels and that's AMAZING.

After I got to ride it for the first time I was impressed! After a small ride I couldn't believe how well it flowed through everything. I gave Paul a Call to dial it in and after a few clicks It was Even better. The entire time it felt like I was in my Grandma's Cadillac! No Lie lol I didn't feel a single thing.

After going over everything I could possibly throw at it, it never once skipped a beat. I was really looking forward to racing this past weekend but some carb problems made that not possible.(damn Slide) :thumbsup:

Paul and Kelly you guys are the best!!!! If anyone is looking for some Top Notch Suspension GO to them its worth the Drive!!!

I know I missed 2 races but I ready to come back and Kick Some A$$!!:ride::ride:

That is freakin awesome.... Congrats on the AS Racing suspension, when i need to get mine re-done thats exactly where im sending it to. I tell you Paul & Kelli are the best and i mean it. But that sucks that you are now riding a Cadillac and mine feels like a Old Cutlass Supreme.

But it all good as long as we are all having fun and thanks to AS Racing for keeping this sport alive and affordable with a great turn around that you cant go wrong with.

By the way my top end is amazing. I broke it in pretty hard and when i changed the oil i thought for sure i was gonna see alot of metal but very little and ready for another beaten this weekend.

Well I sent my suspension to Paul and Kelly over at As Racing to get a re valve front and rear... And let me tell you, there craftsmanship and customer service is TOP NOTCH. I only have one word to explain how good my suspension feels and that's AMAZING.

After I got to ride it for the first time I was impressed! After a small ride I couldn't believe how well it flowed through everything. I gave Paul a Call to dial it in and after a few clicks It was Even better. The entire time it felt like I was in my Grandma's Cadillac! No Lie lol I didn't feel a single thing.

After going over everything I could possibly throw at it, it never once skipped a beat. I was really looking forward to racing this past weekend but some carb problems made that not possible.(damn Slide) :thumbsup:

Paul and Kelly you guys are the best!!!! If anyone is looking for some Top Notch Suspension GO to them its worth the Drive!!!

I know I missed 2 races but I ready to come back and Kick Some A$$!!:lol::ride:

Its really that much better than PC?:ride:

I know I missed 2 races but I ready to come back and Kick Some A$$!!:ride::ride:

+1 for ASR suspension tuning

Yeahoooooooo ASR is bad ass to the bone. Nothing but he best and did i ad that they answer the phone and do work with you from start to finish. Paul & Kelli are awesome AgentSmith whats up brother. Man i wish he could post here to keep this site up to par. Someone who knows there stuff thats for sure.

Its really that much better than PC?:ride:
100 times better. Im not exaggerating either.

I'm a HUGE fan of ASRacing...:thumbsup:

But since PC has done my suspenders since '96 (and they are close to me, and I get a pretty good deal there :lol:), and I know a little bit of history of how ASR is doing his work, please... do tell on the "not exaggerating" portion of your post. Esssplain! ...some of us may have to 'jump ship'.

I'm a HUGE fan of ASRacing...:thumbsup:

But since PC has done my suspenders since '96 (and they are close to me, and I get a pretty good deal there :lol:), and I know a little bit of history of how ASR is doing his work, please... do tell on the "not exaggerating" portion of your post. Esssplain! ...some of us may have to 'jump ship'.

lol ga dang it Johnny your gonna make me type it all out.lol

Well...ever since PC has done my first re valve with springs in '06 it has been good to me. I have never had a problem till just recently about 6 months(when Eric Left) ago and on. I took it there a couple of times before I took it to ASR to get the regular service, from then I just seemed to get Progressively worse in the way it rode through everything. It never would hold a line,always pushed in the corners, and started to ride like real Crap.

After 6 moths of dealing with that and not even wanting to race anymore because of the frustration I had tords(sp?) it and not even being confident in my own bike. I decided to take the season off since I thought it was just me and I was loosing my touch. So I raced the Christmas Classic individual race and team then would call it quits for a season.

Well you know how that goes... watching all your buddy's take off on the line was no Fun. So I started doing some reading on here, that AgentSmith was opening a shop and was gonna do full services on the X. So I called Paul & Kelli up to seem how much it would be and what I wanted to do. When I spoke to the both of them they seemed very knowledgeable and I was really looking forward to taking them my forks and shock. So after 2 weeks it was over there in ASR's Hands. After Paul told me what it was gonna do and how it was going to work in the desert I was very excited to get it back.

Well I got it back and got my bike ready for the upcoming race after already missing 2. We pulled up to the Dip around 10PM so I couldn't get a ride in because I didn't Bring my lights. So come Saturday morning and a couple Asprin I was Ready to go.LOL When I first hopped on it I could already tell it was different(in a good way) from the way it was sitting. So here we go to take of and the first thing I did was go into about 3rd gear and turn that baby as hard as I Could...It was one of those turns that it felt like I was flat tracking it. LOL Thats when I knew I had took it to the right place. The Front end never pushed once and just stuck there. So on our venture to the Back of the Sups We took the Whooped out road from Pigs in Space to the first Sand finger. Not once on that road did I feel beat up at all after I was at the sand finger. It never Skipped a beat in 4th gear and just flowed perfectly over everything. So I started messing around in the sand cutting corners and such, Holy Crap my bike tracked so good through the sand. Every time I went to turn or rail a dune it felt like my handle bar was draggin on the ground.(that's how good it stuck in corners).

Well my eyes are hurting and I gotta go to work lol. I only went on a small ride,but I through everything I could at it and it never once skipped a beat. it was a completely different bike front and rear. I couldn't believe how different it was compared to PC. If anyone is Out for the National your more then welcome to come by to the Cyclone trailer with a F-550 attached to it and take my bike for a test ride. :ride::ride:

See you guys out there I'm leaving today.

wow, i thought pc was the best for the desert.........now i am curious.

Very good on you TW to post up more details! ...thank you. :thumbsup:

... I know how I've taken my suspenders in (to PC), and had them come back without much change. But then, I too have been under weighting myself. I weigh in at 205+, and tell PC that I weigh 210, am extremely aggressive expert rider. And that I want the "Johnny Campbell" type setup. Only until recently, did I notice a huge change... and that is when I told them I weighed in at 240. That didn't come, until I rode a bike suspended for a 230lb rider... and noticed a huge difference in how my bike handled in comparison to his. Let alone, I never notice if new tires or the fact I'm not wearing my 15lb vest is ever the real reason it's "better" feeling... I just ride'er like I stole'er, and don't "think" too much about it all.

I know it's not OUR problem to tell the 'tuner' a different weight, to get the suspension to work right. They should account for this. However, at times... I may wear my vest and other times I may not (how is the tuner supposed to be able to account for such a versatile rider?! They can't without limiting something). That 15+lb difference, and a full tank of gas over empty, are some variables WE need to understand. Let alone, if we're tired that day, on our game, or just "feeling it" and riding like a pro.

So, the reason I asked you to "spell it out" for us. As I too sometimes, wonder about my "tune" and if it's any better. I'm so glad to hear ASR took care of you... as yes, Paul and Kelli are a good pair and I hope they do well and continue to do well. Nothing but the nicest people, and to offer up a great service is just more icing on the cake! :ride:

... with that, my 450X suspenders are getting a work-over at PC (dropped off yesterday) as well as my new XR400 rear (front will get a tune too). However, I can't beat the ONE Day turn-a-round time frame since they are 20min from mi casa.

Paul... you thinking of moving shop to SanD?! (I know your reading this!) :lol:

Very good on you TW to post up more details! ...thank you. :thumbsup:

... I know how I've taken my suspenders in (to PC), and had them come back without much change. But then, I too have been under weighting myself. I weigh in at 205+, and tell PC that I weigh 210, am extremely aggressive expert rider. And that I want the "Johnny Campbell" type setup. Only until recently, did I notice a huge change... and that is when I told them I weighed in at 240. That didn't come, until I rode a bike suspended for a 230lb rider... and noticed a huge difference in how my bike handled in comparison to his. Let alone, I never notice if new tires or the fact I'm not wearing my 15lb vest is ever the real reason it's "better" feeling... I just ride'er like I stole'er, and don't "think" too much about it all.

I know it's not OUR problem to tell the 'tuner' a different weight, to get the suspension to work right. They should account for this. However, at times... I may wear my vest and other times I may not (how is the tuner supposed to be able to account for such a versatile rider?! They can't without limiting something). That 15+lb difference, and a full tank of gas over empty, are some variables WE need to understand. Let alone, if we're tired that day, on our game, or just "feeling it" and riding like a pro.

So, the reason I asked you to "spell it out" for us. As I too sometimes, wonder about my "tune" and if it's any better. I'm so glad to hear ASR took care of you... as yes, Paul and Kelli are a good pair and I hope they do well and continue to do well. Nothing but the nicest people, and to offer up a great service is just more icing on the cake! :lol:

... with that, my 450X suspenders are getting a work-over at PC (dropped off yesterday) as well as my new XR400 rear (front will get a tune too). However, I can't beat the ONE Day turn-a-round time frame since they are 20min from mi casa.

Paul... you thinking of moving shop to SanD?! (I know your reading this!) :lol:

About the weight thing I told him what I way with gear and he also factored in if i had an ims tank and all that. I gave him my weight and he tuned it for that I couldn't be happier and he saved me a deal of cash also.:ride::thumbsup:

Its really that much better than PC?
100 times better. Im not exaggerating either.
Well...ever since PC has done my first re valve with springs in '06 it has been good to me. I have never had a problem till just recently about 6 months(when Eric Left) ago and on. I took it there a couple of times before I took it to ASR to get the regular service, from then I just seemed to get Progressively worse in the way it rode through everything. It never would hold a line,always pushed in the corners, and started to ride like real Crap.
So, the reason I asked you to "spell it out" for us. As I too sometimes, wonder about my "tune" and if it's any better. I'm so glad to hear ASR took care of you... as yes, Paul and Kelli are a good pair and I hope they do well and continue to do well. Nothing but the nicest people, and to offer up a great service is just more icing on the cake!

I recently bought a 250X and a 450X but neither are for me. The 450 will need the full deal for my son when we have it down over the Summer and the 250 needs to be lowered for my wife immediately. My 650 suspenders have been taken care of by Precision for quite a while and they are absolute magic. Based on their past experience alone with the 650 in Baja I don't know how anyone could do it better.

That said, the CRF is a totally different animal and I believe there are simply more experiences with it. Am I hearing that some believe Eric's departure from PC has caused a decline in their work, or is it that AS is doing the research and charging people less because the "PC Myth" is not so much it once appeared to be? Parts are parts......I guess once someone knows what to do with them, the magic really isn't.

VERY INTERESTING post. I MUST get mine done, can't procrastinate any longer. A very trusted friend/racer was pushing me toward PC because they are so Showa and Honda knowledgeable but it sounds like AS has it together plus they are closer to me than PC (I'd have to ship to PC but a long lunch gets me to R.C.).

I'm going to call Paul and get a guestimate on how much, then start working on the wife for the dough. Think I'll try the, "the suspension is so worn its not safe anymore dear" anyone think that will work? Anyone tried that or something better?

VERY INTERESTING post. I MUST get mine done, can't procrastinate any longer. A very trusted friend/racer was pushing me toward PC because they are so Showa and Honda knowledgeable but it sounds like AS has it together plus they are closer to me than PC (I'd have to ship to PC but a long lunch gets me to R.C.).

I'm going to call Paul and get a guestimate on how much, then start working on the wife for the dough. Think I'll try the, "the suspension is so worn its not safe anymore dear" anyone think that will work? Anyone tried that or something better?

My stuff usually just costs double.

Wifey tax.

Does AS Racing have a website or Phone # I couldn't find them on the web. Thanks

Edited by hrcrider