Sign in to follow this  

Alum Throttle Tube & Bark Busters??

Has anyone used an Aluminum throttle tube and bark busters?

Not sure if you can cut the end off where the bearing is??

Any brands people have done this with?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

yup. Ive done this exact same thing.

I cant remember the brand of the throttle tube, I think it was motion pro... its gold. but I know I had to dremel it for about 20 minutes to get the outside edge off allowing me to slide it further onto the bar giving myself more hand room, and also so I could put the bark buster into the handlebar.

im pretty sure theres no bearing on the outside that youre talking about... I dont even know if mine has a bearing anywhere. maybe we have two different kinds?

either way, mine works perfectly fine and ive got no complaints, just hack the one end off and youll be fine :thumbsup:

Can't be done. I have the tusk brand aluminum throttle tube with bearing, and the bearing sits INSIDE the handlebar and the throttle tube rides on the bearing, not the handlebar. So essentially, if you cut off the end, then you will have cut the bearing off which renders an aluminum throttle tube with a bearing pointless. However, it is probably possible to do on an aluminum throttle tube WITHOUT a bearing, you would just have to hack off the end of the tube to allow the bark buster mount to slip into the handlebars. (The throttle tube I have is really great. It feels extremely smooth and is a ton more durable) (Don't forget to check fitment before you order. Some tubes only fit aluminum bars) :thumbsup:

i run a moose billet aluminum throttle tube with bark busters. it is made with the end open to allow the bark buster to fit. I have had it on for almost 3 years and it works great, never had a problem.

I use the G2 throttle cam system with their aluminum tube. The end cap pops out for bark busters.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Guys! I was looking into the Tusk, but think I will look at the NON bearing type. I just wonder if the same amount of crap will get in... guess that will happen regardless.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Guys! I was looking into the Tusk, but think I will look at the NON bearing type. I just wonder if the same amount of crap will get in... guess that will happen regardless.

nah not really. if you run bark busters it helps prevent a lot of dirt from getting in there, 1. it acts as a shield, and 2. it doesnt allow the bar to sink into the ground.

it could be different if you ride on a track with very soft dirt, but if you ride track why do you need bark busters? I ride in the forestry and the ground is usually rock hard so I rarely get stuff in between the throttle tube and bar, and there is about 1mm of play there too.