Sign in to follow this  

2006 300 Performance

Ok, so my bike has a Pro-Circuit pipe, standard muffler...

What suggestions has everyone got for a little more ooomph...

Reeds, Exhaust?

Cheers...

yep....jetting makes a huge diference and red power valve spring with the adjuster nut all the way out flush with the case.

Joe

#1 head mod

#2 Jetting

If you have a W model go up one or two teeth in rear.

Dial in that jetting. The 300 should have enough poop, if you get the brass right and you still need more.. congrats. Head mod, sx parts, porting

Head mod - Good bang for your buck!

head mod and maybe cylinder mods as well will improve rideability and jettability.

Usually the best performance mod is a riding class to improve the operator performance, lol. :thumbsup:

head mod and maybe cylinder mods as well will improve rideability and jettability.

Usually the best performance mod is a riding class to improve the operator performance, lol. :ride:

That is total crap... best mod is a soft seat and some killer digs! :thumbsup:

Cheers guys... I'm pretty big, so am fitting it with taller seat, bars, risers etc... I kinda prefer steering with the rear wheel when needed, so wanted a little more hit... When you are almost 6'7" the rear of the bike hooks up like a bastard so it can be hard to kick it away a little to get it turned right...

It's a great bike, but it has gotta be the mellowest transition ever, it's almost 4-strokey...

But it's got that sound...

Changing the needle made the biggest difference in my '06 300 XCW. That alone made me realize why these bikes are so popular.

an after market silencer can make a big diffrence:ride:

Anyone got any experience with a 304 PC Silencer?!?!

Can get one cheap... hmmm... too many bits for the toys!

You might what to try reeds. I have VFORCE in mine and the pickup is sharp. You might have to tinker with the jetting to get it just right. But I highly recommend it.

The best thing about it is if you don't like it you could always take them out. No permanent change.

When did they change from Boyesen to V-Force there?

Mine is a 2006 EXC but in Australia that didn't neccessarily mean it was electric start... That was EXC-E... And came a few years later...

Really not sure what valve set up it has in it, and it ain't here to look at! Never mind though, i've spent enough money on it for the moment!!!! BTOsports must love me!