Sign in to follow this  

Put a klx110 motor in my crf50?

Hi, I have a crf50 with an aftermarket Sano cradle frame. I was wondering if anyone has put a klx 110 motor into this frame, or do you think it would be possible to do? I know some custom motor mount brackets would be needed, but do you think it would work? or would this be impossible?

my 50 motor is bored out to the max, it has a tb 108 stroker in it. I have over $4000 into the entire bike and i would prefer to keep the bike and just put a klx110 motor and bore that out to like a 160. I just want to know if anyone has heard of it being done before?

why would you want to do that? and you dont have the most modded 50 motor. a dohc 124 or a 124se is the most modded and highest hp. A 110 motor ways so much more then a 50 based motor. dumb idea if you ask me

why would you want to do that? and you dont have the most modded 50 motor. a dohc 124 or a 124se is the most modded and highest hp. A 110 motor ways so much more then a 50 based motor. dumb idea if you ask me

Actually .., there is this one ... :lol:

I can't imagine what it costs though .. :ride:

Takegawa Complete 138cc Motor, Twin Spark +R design with a 4-speed transmission and the 3-point support for the crankshaft. The version of this motor that we have in stock also has a brown Magnesium flywheel cover. Bore 57mm Stroke 54mm, Intake valve 30mm, Exhaust valve 24.5mm, special high cooling cylinder design, Moly coated piston skirt and high volume oil pump are also included in this complete motor build.

P743thum.jpg

He could get one of those china made motors that fit in 50 frames , that are like in the 160's ??.., for like 1/10 the price of that Takegawa motor pictured above .. :thumbsup:

Actually .., there is this one ... :lol:

I can't imagine what it costs though .. :ride:

Takegawa Complete 138cc Motor, Twin Spark +R design with a 4-speed transmission and the 3-point support for the crankshaft. The version of this motor that we have in stock also has a brown Magnesium flywheel cover. Bore 57mm Stroke 54mm, Intake valve 30mm, Exhaust valve 24.5mm, special high cooling cylinder design, Moly coated piston skirt and high volume oil pump are also included in this complete motor build.

P743thum.jpg

He could get one of those china made motors that fit in 50 frames , that are like in the 160's ??.., for like 1/10 the price of that Takegawa motor pictured above .. :thumbsup:

And a tenth of the reliability as the tak. but yes i forgot about the +r's and te power they put out. im a retired pitbike racer sold the 110 last year for a big bike.

And a tenth of the reliability as the tak.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !!!! :thumbsup:

im a retired pitbike racer sold the 110 last year for a big bike.

:lol:

:lol: BOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Why ? ... :ride:

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT !!!! :thumbsup:

:lol:

:lol: BOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

Why ? ... :ride:

All the indoor tracks closed around here. the sport was just dying down. i had never raced big bikes just pitbikes. got an 06 rm250 with tons of mods and i love it. Im already top 10 C rider so it seems to be working out ok

All the indoor tracks closed around here. the sport was just dying down. i had never raced big bikes just pitbikes. got an 06 rm250 with tons of mods and i love it. Im already top 10 C rider so it seems to be working out ok

COOL !!! :thumbsup:

Don't forget us little people when you hit the big time .. :ride:

Starting racing at 27 i think im a bit behind the schedule on making it to the big time