Sign in to follow this  

Girl beats all the boys!

Have to mention what an awsome performance my daughter Amanda turned in at the OCCRA season opener in Woodward Oklahoma. Amanda won the girls short course championship last year and decided to move to the boys 85B class for this year. After having parents stop by and tell the cute little girl on the line with all those boys not to be nervous and to have fun and not hold up the 28 little boys next to her she holeshot the start and never relinquished the lead. It was an incredible display of off road racing skill and stamina as she held off a number of challenges. Was so wild to see her flash down the long top gear straight with two 150R's hitting the rev limiters and not able to over take her. Or one young man who challenged her in the MX section an learned Miss Amanda will throw some big air to win. The gauntlet has been thrown down and this season it is pink :thumbsup:IMG_0166.jpg

Woodword10191.jpg

Woodword10152.jpg

Edited by gruberyz

Why is this so amazing? Are girls naturally worse? I believe the one who wants it the most will win. They will practice the hardest, think the most about it and give it their everything. No surprise on the girl winning. Very good job though...

Why is this so amazing? Are girls naturally worse? I believe the one who wants it the most will win. They will practice the hardest, think the most about it and give it their everything. No surprise on the girl winning. Very good job though...

Um, you're not very bright...so we just watched the olympics, why no girls competing against the boys? At the top level of most sports the girls just can't QUITE keep up with the boys. What you're saying is that they 'just don't want it enough'. SURE...:ride:

in GENERAL, all things being equal (desire, motivation, natural ability) a boy will beat a girl.

In GENERAL...

so for a girl to beat ALL the boys in her class who presumably wanted to win (and not be beat by a girl) is freakin awesome! It means she's got extraordinary talent, athleticism and drive.

Not knockin the girls, I know for sure there are definitely some thumpettes that could easily outride me any day, even on my best days.

gruberyz - you're daughter has something to be proud of, that's for sure!

p.s. I love seeing chicks on the trails - something about the hair flipping out from under the helmet makes me feel all warm and fuzzy (course most time's I see that it's DRZCat...):thumbsup:

• Like 1

Im talking kids, where girls are usually more developed at a younger age, not adults...

After having parents stop by and tell the cute little girl on the line with all those boys not to be nervous and to have fun and not hold up the 28 little boys next to her she holeshot the start and never relinquished the lead.

Grats! You and your daughter should be very proud. And hopefully this will cause a change in people's attitude and open up their minds towards female racers. :thumbsup: (And I'm not saying that they aren't accepting of fast girls, just that maybe next time they won't make assumptions and immediately write off any girls that are on the gate.)

I especially like the guy in the background of pic #2 pointing her out to the lady next to him! :ride:

Keep us posted on how the rest of the season goes!

Awesome start to what looks like a very interesting season! You never know but 10 years from now she could be the first woman to win a National title ~ straight up!

Guys I can't express how proud of her I was all the work the tears the not quite understanding the technique I wanted her to try. It all was worth it to see her just ride a near flawless race. She actually would have finished on the podium of the Super Mini event with her times. This from a girl who three years ago was scared to let her KX65 hit and just cruised around in second the whole race.

Nice job. I'm racing OCCRA this year and could probably use a few pointers from her lol. It looks like her hard work is paying off which is great

YEAH - You go girl. Show them what's up!!

Can't wait until my little girl can do the same. (and she might do it to her brother in the process.) CONGRATS.

SWEET! Please keep us updated as the season progresses... can't wait to here about her future wins and podiums. She's obviously a quick learner. The boys had to learn quick in that race that they CAN get beat by a girl! lol

Your one proud parent and should be. Man she really got the holeshot. I say CONGATULATIONS on showing us boys she means business on the track.:ride::worthy::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep, I was there. She is an aggressive rider, impressive indeed. Still, she better keep it up, 'cause Dakota D. wants that title bad. He'll have a tough time with her raw speed though.

Being a father of two girls i know how proud you are of your daughter puttin the smoke to the boys,my youngest(5) raced her first race last year and i had tears in my eyes when she finished and said;Dad i beat all the boys!:thumbsup:now its the boys parents you have to watch out for because there will be alot of nic piking a happenen:p