Sign in to follow this  

Florida GNCC rd #1 Predictions

less than 24 hrs away from the start of the season!! let hear some predicitions for the race!!! here is what im thinking:

Watts (if he is racing) takes and early lead but quickly fades to a hard charging Mullins. Whibley gives chase but cant keep the pace in the sand and is overtaken by Strange and Jarrett. Midway thru its Mullins with a minute over Strang, followed by Kanney, Whibley, Jarrett. At the checkered flag its Mullins with the win, followed by Strang, Kanney, Whibley,and Jarrett. Im going with my boy Robinson finishing a strong 6th!

Wattsy ain't riding. Whats up with Pastrana? Wonder if he'll show? What about Knight, heard some mumbling about that as well?

I'll go with you on Jessie but I heard he is racing a 2 smoker in the lites. Anyway I hope he kicks ass. Good people.

Mullins has been down here practicing for a while. He ran several FTR events including the most recent at Gatorback (not anything like what they will see at River Ranch). Whibley and Jarrett were at GB too.

You might see a few of the FTR AA guys in the top 10. They were not too far behind Mullins and company at some of those races. They know how to go fast in the sand and palmetto roots! :thumbsup:

Mark C

I'll go with you on Jessie but I heard he is racing a 2 smoker in the lites. Anyway I hope he kicks ass. Good people.

you are correct. he is on a ktm 250sx. I really think he will get a podium spot in xc2 :thumbsup:

You might see a few of the FTR AA guys in the top 10. They were not too far behind Mullins and company at some of those races. They know how to go fast in the sand and palmetto roots! :ride:

Mark C

NO doubt there! I am sure some of the FTR boys will be in the mix.

I am sure all the fast guys including those that you mentioned will put in a good effort but in the end they will all be disappointed due to their lack of proper traction.

Thats right, you heard it here first: look for a trials tire equipped B rider to break through and take the XC1 plate this year

Why are they racing on a tuesday? I know it is bike week and all, but some folks have to be to work in the middle of the week, why aren't they doing the race on Saturday and Sunday like most races?

Thats right, you heard it here first: look for a trials tire equipped B rider to break through and take the XC1 plate this year

That would be Clay Martin, cept he don't use trials tires.

why aren't they doing the race on Saturday and Sunday like most races?

because this isnt like most races...its the season opener of the GNCC series.

Robinson looking pretty good so far ! Mullins seems to have gotten his shit together !

Jesse had an outstanding ride...on the podium in 2nd place! sweeeet. I dont know what happened to Charlie..he was in the lead then fell back to 3rd.