Sign in to follow this  

MCCT bolt - mine doesn't come close..

You may recognize this bike..

IMG_0086.jpg

Notice the MCCT bolt sticks pretty far out.

I just replaced my cam chain, and per the installation instructions, I finger tightened it down and started the bike, found the adjustment and locked it down. My bolt is 2/3rds of that:

P1010067_Vga.jpg

Did something change on the TT bolt length?

I replaced my cam chain due to pictures like this. My new cam chain seems to be the same as old. I guess I never backed it out far enough to hear the real rattle noise. Or my guides are worn.. but they looked OK:

P1010056_Small.jpg

Another operator error? I want this cam chain to last 15k.

Is that a stroker spacer plate in the first picture? Is yours stroked? That spacer will take some of the slack out of the chain leaving less for the MCCT to deal with. The result is that the bolt doesn't need to go in as far on the stroker engine.

Yes, the first motor is stroked. I linked to ebrabaek's pic.

Mine is not.

Never thought of that. And Plane Dr's stroked, the other motor I was comparing to. Hmmm.. maybe I'm not going crazy.

Yes, the first motor is stroked. I linked to ebrabaek's pic.

Mine is not.

Never thought of that. And Plane Dr's stroked, the other motor I was comparing to. Hmmm.. maybe I'm not going crazy.

Now wait a minute there. No one said you weren't going crazy.

Picturesofbike006.jpg

This is a pic of mine . Its not a full side on veiw , but you can see it is in as much as yours . The bike had done about 2000 miles at the time I put it on and the motor is standard , greg

Picturesofbike006.jpg

This is a pic of mine . Its not a full side on veiw , but you can see it is in as much as yours . The bike had done about 2000 miles at the time I put it on and the motor is standard , greg

That looks exactly like the one I put on my bike this past weekend. I was gonna post a pic as well but you beat me to it.