Sign in to follow this  

fork bleeders

been thinking for a while about getting the fork bleeders, little push button release valves for the forks. i dont see any for the '09 kyb honda forks on ebay and such, are the yamaha kyb's the same thread\depth, or are they still the same as the showas from previous years? a local said the threads were slightly different between the showa\kyb air bleader threads.

I recommend you don't get those things. I've seen them get snapped off in a relatively small crash, ending your day unless you happen to bring a drill, EZ-outs, and the original plugs with you to the track. Suspension shops can drill and tap the hole larger and use a shorter valve which is much more stout, but I feel safer using a regular flathead screwdriver.

Any of the showa and kyb units are the same thread pitch. Get them. some of the best $20-$30 u ever spent. while they could be damaged in a crash. it is rare. I have been using them for 4 years and have had a few crashes and never damaged them.

:thumbsup: i feel they are a waist of money. they always leak due to the o-rings that hold them together. I have never had a pair snap off in a crash. I used them for years, but always noticed that there was oil always around them.

Screw driver works the best.

I've had the Motion Pro's on a few bikes for several years now. I agree with JJ that you would have to do some major damage to other parts on the bike before you would have issues with breaking them in a crash. The only issue I've had is that dirt will occasionally get into them and cause them to leak a little. Simple fix is to remove it, flush with a little brake cleaner, and blow it out with compressed air. It's now just part of my regular maintenance. IMO the benefits outweigh the negatives.

:thumbsup: i feel they are a waist of money. they always leak due to the o-rings that hold them together. I have never had a pair snap off in a crash. I used them for years, but always noticed that there was oil always around them.

Screw driver works the best.

buy a set of the andersons. Never had a leak or problem with them.

motion pros are aluminum and really to large. they are fragile in comparison

MY thoughts?You can not bleed them during a race because you have to have the front wheel off the ground to bleed them and when i used them i always had on blow out,DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY