Sign in to follow this  

Loudmouth Intake Review

First off, I am a C class rider.

I bought the Loudmouth Intake about a couple of weeks ago. The installation was not as easy as it looks. I have always worked on my own bikes, so its not like I was a rookie. It wasn't real hard, but in the videos and in the manual, they make it sound like you pop it on and go, and its not quite that easy. I think anybody can do it, just realize it takes time and patience. On at least one of the bolts you will have to have the nut on the inside of the airbox. Other than that, put the gasket on, bolt on the plate in a cris-cross pattern until you get them all tight and the plate is mounted. Putting on the filter for the first time took some learning. I oiled the filter, let it sit for a while, then I tried to put it on. I had some problems at first. I finally got it on. After I got it on, I took it off, and put it on again. The second time was easier. There is a learning curve to putting the filter on, but once you learn it, you can pop it on with no problem. After I got it on, I rode it up and down the street, immediately I could tell a difference in the bottom end. The bike also sounded different, I could hear it sucking more air. It wanted to wheelie much more. The throttle response was better also. After I got done I brought it into my garage, and checked to see if the filter was still on and it was. I got to get it on the track yesterday, and on the track, I could tell the same characteristics, more bottom, and better throttle response, and more air sucking. When I was on the track I could also feel moe on top, I could rev it farther and it would still pull. After a few laps, I pulled off and checked to make sure the filter had not come off, and it had not. After riding it all day, I could tell a reall difference and I liked it. Now, I washed my bike today. I took the filter off, and put on the wash cap, and that thing is great. I used a water hose with a nozzle, and cleaned out my airbox. I never got wide open with the water, but I never needed to, I wouldn't recommend it any ways. I took off the wash cap to check to see if any water got in there, and none did.

Overall, I am happy with the product. It says on the website a 5 HP gain, I don't think I got a 5 HP gain, but I did get better throttle response, and a wider powerband. I really like how easy it is to change the air filter, and to use the wash cap to cover so I can clean the airbox. I also like that I know I am getting a good seal with the air filter. I really like that I don't have to use grease anymore, I hated that. I would recommend the product. If you want to get the most out of your engine, or do something that you can tell a difference, I would recommend a PC5 so you can change the fuel map. I have a full Rocket Exhaust system, a PC5, and a Loudmouth Intake. I am pleased with all of them, but the PC5 made the biggest difference. Between the exhaust and the loudmouth, I cant really tell what made the most difference. They both helped. If you are tired of the headache of the stock air filter system, then I definitely recommend this system.

+1

As I did all my addon's one at a time. I would say the PC5 (or ECM remap as I did) made the biggest gain.

Overall I am very happy with the loudmouth too. 5HP no but it did help in the overall package.