Sign in to follow this  

2005 250 exc ????

hey guys Ive got an 06 yz450 setup for woods riding,harescrambles,etc.I've got the chance to pick up a nice 05 250 exc that I would be doing the same with for a great price.whats everyones opinion of this bike?what are these bikes going for these days?

it is a great bike and way lighter and softer for the woods susp than the 4st. In CA that bike in average shape would be $2500, maybe more with extras.

2500 seems about right in great condition, more beat up the lower the price, more goodies the higher the price. I love my bike, alot of potential in the motor with a little effort (jetting and head work)

thanks guys.i'm a 4stroke guy but something lighter in the tight single track would be welcome.looks like i'll be adding another bike to the stable

I paid $3K and change for the same bike about 1.5 years ago, for a very low hour clean bike.

Nice bike, but wasn't for me. You may find you want to mod it a little to get back some snap.

For some reason, KTM uses 3 different heads for the 250's (XC, W, and SX). Many go up 2 on the rear sprocket, SX head, or shaved head, SX CDI, etc., as the EXC seems to be the tamest. Nice bikes though. Very sound.

I have all the stuff in my sig and jetted a little fat. It has plenty of power and still not much snap. When it was leaner it was a real arm jerker. I am also running the red spring, that is the neat thing you can set these bikes up to you preference. Just an fyi