Sign in to follow this  

1996 YZ250 Engine Rebuild

I am getting ready to tear into the motor on my 96 YZ250. I am having trouble finding parts. :thumbsup: Just wanted to get some ideas from poeple on where to get parts? Or if anyone knows a good place that has a resonable price to redo the motor top and bottom end? Thanks for the help.:lol:

Oh yeah I live in Las Vegas so if anyone knows of places areound here that would be nice as well to save money on not having to ship the motor.:ride:

^ ^ has better results for parts and better priced, but this is my 2nd hand site: Denniskirk.com

I have checked both of those sites and they have little selection. All they have for the bottom end is rods and not complete cranks.

Good luck finding a complete crank, I very highly doubt its possible (as I have never seen one)! Buy the rod and having a shop rebuild it is most likely your best bet!

I have checked both of those sites and they have little selection. All they have for the bottom end is rods and not complete cranks.

Service Honda/Yamaha or Yamaha of Troy will order the complete crank assembly from Japan for you. Count on spending around $250-$350.

I bought one for My 1998 YZ250. (Check my garage for my 1998 rebuild)

If you're going to go that route, you'll definitely want all new bearings and seals as well.

I've got a complete top end that I believe is for that bike ready to go. Cylinder newly sleeved, wiseco piston, top end gasket kit, rings, bearing etc. It's a 68mm kit too. I could do $350 for everything.

call LA Sleeve. They have all the parts for the top and bottom end in stock. Can resleeve, replate, or just hone your cylinder. As for bottom end, there are no complete cranks available. Only option is to rebuild your crank which labor runs $70 plus parts. Probably can get you a deal.... just shoot me an email alex@lasleeve.com

I did the complete motor on my '95 250 last summer, I got my piston, bearings, gaskets etc from RMatv and Dennis kirk. I sent the crank to Mr. crankshaft in Kentucky, it cost $160 for a Prox rod and bearings installed, that included him shipping it back too. Great guy to deal with.

• Like 1

I've bought some yz 250 parts from someone in vegas that parts out the yz's. I think they go by "Empire Salvage" on ebay.

Great place to deal with if they have what you are lookign for.....no, they are outstanding.They type of guys who will gladly look through brake pedals and send you the best available.

What parts are you needing? That bike could damn near be built with all aftermarket parts.

• Like 1

Thanks BustedassYZ. I sent them an email just now to see hpow much it would cost. I will also check EBAY as well RConnon. Hopefully they have some stuff so i can just pick it up since i live in Vegas. Thanks again guys.