Sign in to follow this  

Washington eddieville 6hr gp march 7 (sun)

Oh yes!

The 600 has a newish D606, so try not to hang out right behind me. It also has oldish brake pads, so right in front of me probably isn't too good either :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'll be joining you and Margie if the race stays as scheduled. Might have to bring 12 guys to clean mud off the bike in the pits. Trev:thumbsup:

Ironman??? Hmmm... :thumbsup: I havent IM'ed any events yet.. Unless you count the Desert 100.. Meh, probably team it, depending on conditions..

Slightly different subject, but what is the difference between the GP and XC race races at Eddieville? Does the XC loop include trails, or are they both on the same track and just the start format is different? Might try the XC if its a harescramble type course.

Oh yes!

The 600 has a newish D606, so try not to hang out right behind me. It also has oldish brake pads, so right in front of me probably isn't too good either :ride:

hope you bring the 200 for backup. The 600 hasent been too XR reliable lately. I will probably be IMing this one as well and plan on putting in a few more laps this year.:thumbsup:

I would IM it but need to figure out how to mix in my 3 hour nap somewhere in the middle.

hope you bring the 200 for backup. The 600 hasent been too XR reliable lately. I will probably be IMing this one as well and plan on putting in a few more laps this year.:ride:

I probably should. I'll take it out for a quicky saturday morning, and if it doesn't give me that happy-shiny feeling, I'll park the sucker without thinking twice. Plus, not hammering it in the race should make it easier to sell in a month or so.

The 200 is still at high alert, ready to go :thumbsup:

Slightly different subject, but what is the difference between the GP and XC race races at Eddieville? Does the XC loop include trails, or are they both on the same track and just the start format is different? Might try the XC if its a harescramble type course.

I've done my share of GP's and even an XC @ Eddieville. I'd say the main difference is the length of time you ride. During the OMRA XC last year I believe we were out there 2.5 hours + 1 lap. During the GP's we'd usually just run 5 laps which was somewhere around 1.5 hours.

However, Scott does add to the distance of the course for the XC races. Last year he threw in some great grass track stuff and wound around on some bare land at the top of the GP course. In the end though; the majority of your time will be spent on the standard GP course.

i'll be down there ironmanning it! First time IM'ing an event! should be awesome!

I have done the IM at Eddieville a few times and let me tell you...it is tougher than the 12hr....that is my honest opinion. The elevation changes and track obstacles make this race challenging. Go out smooth and steady (70% race pace) and keep that the whole race. You'll be suprised how well you do!

Good luck!

I've done my share of GP's and even an XC @ Eddieville. I'd say the main difference is the length of time you ride. During the OMRA XC last year I believe we were out there 2.5 hours + 1 lap. During the GP's we'd usually just run 5 laps which was somewhere around 1.5 hours.

However, Scott does add to the distance of the course for the XC races. Last year he threw in some great grass track stuff and wound around on some bare land at the top of the GP course. In the end though; the majority of your time will be spent on the standard GP course.

http://overthebarsgang.com/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=18

2.5 +1 You never know what Scott is going to throw in there;)

Joe.........

Thanks for the tips. im anxious to see how i do. havent ridden for a couple weeks and i tweaked my finger (tendon sheaf sp.?). it should be interesting! my wife is going to come and pit for me! what a great wife!:thumbsup:

10 am if everyone gets signed in on time. My first year it started at 12:30, and almost turned into a night race by the end!

10 am if everyone gets signed in on time. My first year it started at 12:30, and almost turned into a night race by the end!

I was at that race as well. I think it caught Scott and Debbie by surprise the sheer amount of participants willing to do a 6hr race. And the fact it was daylight savings - spring forward that weekend which really messed up some people.

Thanks for the info, Blindside. The 6hr is a bit long for me. Haven't ridden there before, might try the XC next weekend.

Thanks for the info, Blindside. The 6hr is a bit long for me. Haven't ridden there before, might try the XC next weekend.

keep in mind it is also a team race, so you do not have to solo it!

keep in mind it is also a team race, so you do not have to solo it!

Yep, you can have up to six people on a team at the 6, 12 and 24 hour races. Six people on a 6 hour race is a bit much IMHO but whatever works for folks. Better to spend an hour racing with your pals than none;)

Joe.........