Sign in to follow this  

where to buy number plate decals

Where can I buy number plate decals (i need a black decal with my number on it). There are currently some on my bike, but it is the previous owners.

Also, does anyone know if they permit 3 digit race numbers in District 7?

Thanks

Also, does anyone know if they permit 3 digit race numbers in District 7?

In my District people usually run the last 2 or 3 digits of their AMA number. You might want to email John Kernan (he's the Vice President/Motocross) at D7 jt151@aol.com or ask emerybrian who is in that District.

D7 Rules

. Motocross Plates

a.The plates will be as follows:

(1) C (Novice): Black plates, White Numbers

(2) B (Amateur): Yellow plates, Black Numbers

(3) A (Expert): White plates, Black Numbers

(4) Other Classes should use plate colors appropriate for the class you practice with and ride in when not competing in your regular class.

(5) AMA Pro Expert and Pro-Sport riders may use AMA colors and numbers as appropriate.

b. The number you use to sign up MUST be the number shown on your District 7 card, and you MUST have correct number plate colors to race. Practice sessions may be run by plate color. Failure to run the correct number and/or plate color may result in loss of trophies and/or points for the day.

Edited by JamesG1019

I just got mine and my son's from decalmx. The 2nd time I've used them. Again, they went on very nicely and lined up nice. The only weird thing was that the upper rear shroud on my Yamaha had a separate piece. It lined up alright, but left a tiny gap. I suppose I made the whole job easier to do without bubbles. I got some last year from ridepg that I could never get to line up on the plate covering the exhaust. DecalMX was resonably priced. Price seemed a little high at first, but I did get one of the non-standard options. The quality is worth it.

:thumbsup::lol::ride::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:Does no one else see the irony in this thread. A guy w/ the screen name "squidkilla" doesn't know where to buy preprints.:lol::lol::lol::lol::p:lol::lol::lol:

MAX!!!

Max, I've never raced mx. We use painted number plates in the form of racing I did. By the way, I'm a WERA/CCS expert and have done over 40 road races. What about you? :thumbsup: