Sign in to follow this  

CRF230F FMF exhaust..

Hey guys, new here from CT.

Just bought a CRF230F with a FMF pipe on it. I am going to take it off because it is very loud. (I usually don't mind, but I will be riding in a location which is close to houses and don't want to piss anyone off too bad). I am going to put the stock exhaust back on and was wondering what would be a good price to list the FMF for?

Thanks

Another option is to check with FMF or a parts supplier to see if they have an insert for the muffler to make it more quiet. The FMF is probably a couple of lbs lighter than the stock pipe.

Another option is to check with FMF or a parts supplier to see if they have an insert for the muffler to make it more quiet. The FMF is probably a couple of lbs lighter than the stock pipe.

Never even thought of that. Although, this bike is sort of a budget bike for me.. so the less I spend on it the better.. and if I can make some money towards things it needs (new front/rear bearing, kick stand spring, probably new top end) the better!

Never even thought of that. Although, this bike is sort of a budget bike for me.. so the less I spend on it the better.. and if I can make some money towards things it needs (new front/rear bearing, kick stand spring, probably new top end) the better!

I have no idea what it's worth either... but if/when you come up with a price, let me know. I may be interested. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I have a new FMF Q4 I need to sell also. I have 3 minutes time on the pipe. I just couldn't use it with the header I now have on the bike. It is very quiet. Quieter than a Leo Vince and stock pipe with the diffuser removed. Works fine with stock header.

Dwight

I'll trade you my stock pipe and header for your FMF set up.

Sorry, no need for it. I was given the stock pipe along with the FMF when I bought the bike.