Sign in to follow this  

Rear end bucking

First off, I apologize if this question has been answered before. I did a search and came up empty.

The particulars: I have an 04 YZ250 and just had a revalve and Race Tech gold valves installed. I weigh 160lbs and run stock springs. I run off road desert.

The problem is, when I hit large square bumps/jumps at high speed, my rear end kicks me completely off the pegs and up in the air. I hit one yesterday in 5th gear pinned and literally landed with my boots on top of the seat. The ass ends doesn't seem to track straight in high speed whoops, or rocky sections. Cornering is spot on.

I am a complete noob when is comes to suspension adjustments. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

I would call up whoever did your suspension and tell them what its doing , they should either be able to tell you how to adjust it to take away the kicking or they should have you bring it back in and they will re-do it

when you have someone do your suspension properly , all you should have to so is set your sag , and maybe move the clickers a few spots and thats it , if you have more issues than that and a few adjustments wont cure it , then they did a poor job and should re-do it for free or allow you to take it to someone who can fix it right and they should foot the bill !

they should have also givin you a adjustment/settings chart , when you got your parts/bike back , that gives you starter settings and adjustments for different conditions

I agree 100% however, the guy that did it for me is on the east coast for the next few weeks.

My first thought is you need to increase your compression. My second thought is that something was missed internally that could be causing the issue.

Like 450X said, call the place that did the mod and see what they advise.