Sign in to follow this  

No-Toil air filter products

Anybody use a No-Toil air filter and/or their air filter oil, cleaner, and sealing grease? Can you put their oil on other air filters - say, my TwinAir? I'm due for a filter cleaning, and I always hate when it's time for this. It's such a mess, and I never know how to properly dispose of the dirty mineral spirits after I've cleaned the oil out of the filter. Cleaning a filter in the sink with water definitely sounds like a much better way to go! Let me know your thoughts/experiences please!

Anybody use a No-Toil air filter and/or their air filter oil, cleaner, and sealing grease? Can you put their oil on other air filters - say, my TwinAir? I'm due for a filter cleaning, and I always hate when it's time for this. It's such a mess, and I never know how to properly dispose of the dirty mineral spirits after I've cleaned the oil out of the filter. Cleaning a filter in the sink with water definitely sounds like a much better way to go! Let me know your thoughts/experiences please!

I use No-Toil products in all of my dirt bikes and DR. Good stuff and easy to use IMO. I see No-Toil is making filters for the DR650 now. I've seen posts where the No-Toil causes seperation issues with the TwinAir filter media. I currently run TwinAir filters in my DR(s) and my RM250. So far I have not experienced this issue. I'm going to order one of the No-Toil filters for the DR and compare it with the TwinAir. :thumbsup:

Edited by mx_rob

I've been running No-Toil for several years. Used it on my Honda CRF's and now on the RM's. Doesn't seem to bother the OEM filters or Twin-Airs.

No Toil filter oil will eventually dissolve the glue that holds most filters together. The No Toil filters are not glued but rather 'welded' together with heat. You might not see any damage to another brand of filter for many months - even a couple of years. Then you will go to clean your filter only to discover it has split wide open and been sucking dirt for the last 3 rides.

No Toil filter oil is a great product but should be used with a filter designed to hold up to it. If you want to use it on another brand of filter you should at least replace that filter often to reduce the likelihood of having a filter disintegrate.

No Toil filter oil is made from vegetable oil. Vegetable oil might seem pretty benign but it will soften or degrade many plastic and rubber type materials. The bio-diesel guys and folks burning veggy oil in their diesel motors have found it will slowly destroy most fuel hose materials making it kind of hard to contain.

No Toil filter oil will eventually dissolve the glue that holds most filters together. The No Toil filters are not glued but rather 'welded' together with heat. You might not see any damage to another brand of filter for many months - even a couple of years. Then you will go to clean your filter only to discover it has split wide open and been sucking dirt for the last 3 rides.

Thanks for the replies, fellas!

Does a No-Toil filter come pre-oiled and/or with the oil, seal grease, and cleaner kit, or do you have to buy both the filter and recharge kit to complete the package?

The No Toil filters for my YZ450 come pre oiled. You still have to buy the grease and cleaner. I have used their oil on other filters with good success. I ride a lot so filters only last me a year or so before I toss them. That's probably why I haven't had any seperation issues. I checked a couple of weeks ago for a DR filter and didn't see one. Thanks for the letting us know that they now offer them.

I use regular laundry detergent to clean mine. Actually it is oxyclean. I bought a thing of grease when I first started using no-toil, but found that my cages seal pretty tight and haven't used it since the first time. Airbox is much less messy now.