Sign in to follow this  

Ahh...the dreaded "new purchase" anxiety...help!

Hey guys, newby here~!

I'm looking for some advise. I grew up on Honda XR's and my most recent bike is a really sweet 2001 Honda XR650R with power-up-lit and uncork air box mod. My favorite bike of all time was an 84 XR 500. I'm not a great rider, but I would consider myself better than average:banana:. I'm looking at buying a new bike and I've got a major pride issue leaving Honda. I've been consideing the 2010 KTM XC-W 530 Sixdays. I'm a big guy @ 6'6" and around 195lbs., so I like "bigger" bikes. I almost baught a CRF450X in 2007 but after five minutes on the bike I wanted to bury it in the bottom of the ocean. It just felt terrible to ride, the balance for me and my size was horrible. I wish honda would pull their heads from rears and build an XR 500 that had the technology of the new crf450's. It's unfortunate that they only build what sells.:thumbsup: So here's my anxiety, the friggin market sucks but a guy needs his toys:smirk: I'm having a difficult time forking out the kinda dough they are asking for that bike and from my research on years past models 2010 is the way to go.(with new improvments over problems with 08-09's). My ridding is stricktly trails. What I'm looking for is a bike wiht low end (lug) torque and light weight with electric start. What the heck's a guy t do? Honda has bomb proof motors and reputation but what about KTM? Are they dependable bikes? Any help greatly appreciated~! Did I mention I'm a POWA freak, I neeeeedddd POWA

a power freak hey

well a husqvarna te 510 is a big powerful bike

test ride a ktm 530 see if you like it

are prepared to do some maintenace as these hi performance 4 strokes have more maintanence than the XR's

if you like XR 650 why not get a used one and go from there

what did you hate about crf 450

yamahas wr 450 are big on power and one of the more reliable 450's

a power freak hey

well a husqvarna te 510 is a big powerful bike

test ride a ktm 530 see if you like it

are prepared to do some maintenace as these hi performance 4 strokes have more maintanence than the XR's

if you like XR 650 why not get a used one and go from there

what did you hate about crf 450

yamahas wr 450 are big on power and one of the more reliable 450's

I've done some reading about the Husky 510, i used to have a Husky 400 2stk. Not very good reviews on that bike.

I just flat out disliked the CRF450. Felt like I was sitting on the front wheel and had NO POWA! I rode an 08 WR450 :deadhorse: no POWA either + had lots of problems, my buddy's still wishing he had baught a honda! - Best suspension of any bike I've ever rode though!

I Still have my 01 XR650R, it's to dang heavy (Fat A$$ pig weighs like 310lbs wet:foul:) and I'm tired of kicking it over when I eat dirt:bonk:....tons of POWA!

see the dilema?

how the heck can a modern 450 not have power

looks like you need serious power like a cr 500 or kx 500

but a ktm 530 exc should have a heap of power

from what I've heard husqvarna are now very reliable and very very good quality bikes

i think you may need to get used to how the modern day mx and enduro bikes feel since you have been riding the xr 650

see if you can test ride the ktm 530 or husky te 510

I have an 09 Husky TXC 510, tons of power, faster than any 450, and not one bad issue to date. I haven't even heard of any issues like stated above.

What kind of trails do you ride that you need POWA ? On most trails a 450 is more POWA than most can handle , it could use a 6th gear at times , but is not lacking POWA. Buy a politician if you need more POWA lol.

Get a CR500. That will give you some POWA!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Trust me....if I didn't have a wife and kid that would miss me whe I'm gone...I'd buy a CR500 or KX500 in a heart beat!!!:ride:

I have an 09 Husky TXC 510, tons of power, faster than any 450, and not one bad issue to date. I haven't even heard of any issues like stated above.

Yea, I'd love to try one, but there really hard to find in Montana!

how the heck can a modern 450 not have power

looks like you need serious power like a cr 500 or kx 500

but a ktm 530 exc should have a heap of power

from what I've heard husqvarna are now very reliable and very very good quality bikes

i think you may need to get used to how the modern day mx and enduro bikes feel since you have been riding the xr 650

see if you can test ride the ktm 530 or husky te 510

going into KTM deale this am...problem is these guys here in MT are nt so friendly when it comes to letting you test ride a bike...JERKS:moon: