Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Yfz 478cc stroker kit or 508cc??

I have a 05 yfz450, rod bearings froze up.. Crank got hot.. Also scarred up the piston cylinder.. I'm wanting to put a stroker kit that included a big bore jug.. It seems higher to go OEM.. I just need everyones take on this idea before I decide.. Also can I run pump gas with a 13/1 piston?? 478 stroker +1.4mm or 508 stroker +4.4mm??

You might want to check out why this happened to your engine first. Have you checked your oil passages and such?

Yes the motor gas been taken apart and cleaned well.. I bought this from a kid.. Sharp wheeler but the oil was a lil dark and smelt like a gas station...

the oil will probly be fine once you put the new cylinder and everything in. But unless you really need the power or something i would stay away from the stroker cranks, but the +1.4mm isnt that much bigger. And if its cheaper for the aftermarket big bore than for the OEM cylinder and piston then by all means go for it.

If you make the stroke alot longer then reliability will suffer because of the extreme angle of the rod to the piston. But 1.4 wont be much of a problem. And they rev slower, i doubt with +1.4 you will notice slower reving but with the +4.4 you will