Sign in to follow this  

Rmz hotcams??

Hey guys, got a 2008 rmz250 and looking for bit more power.

I have a pipe and carb mod.

SHould i got a set of cams or is there something else i should do first?

thanks

yea suspension is all done.

ah ok dnt the suzukis have a weird head and they are already to big?

nad i use it for MX over hear in Australia..

It has a pc ti-4r full pipe, carb mod, 12/48 standard gearing (about to change to 13/50) and then suspension mods.

290cc kit

Head port/polish

vortex ignition

Hi comp piston

i would do hot cams last. I have them in my bike and didnt notice a huge difference over stock.

Port and polish made the biggest difference.

yea suspension is all done.

ah ok dnt the suzukis have a weird head and they are already to big?

nad i use it for MX over hear in Australia..

It has a pc ti-4r full pipe, carb mod, 12/48 standard gearing (about to change to 13/50) and then suspension mods.

Get just the HC intake and use the stock exhaust cam. Also get a high compression piston and the Yosh exhaust, it smokes that PC ti-4r off the bottom with the same top.

im actually working on the exact same thing with my 07 rmz. has a yosh pipe and carb mob(carbs milled out for extra gas capacity). and what will work the best is head porting for sure. when you get into high comp pistons and cams, your engine takes a ton more maintenence, and it will cost a lot more money to keep up, and, unless u get free pistons, its not worth it. head porting should give you plenty of extra power, and if you still want more just go get yourself some race gas. thatll add another healthy dose of power

Dude I have a 08 all stock except yos full rs2 exhaust, put hot cams stage 2 in both exh and int and it actually slowed the bike down alot, yes all timing was spot on, I feel the stock head and ports will only flow so much air, the stg 2s must be to much for the head to flow The bike dont even pull hard up top, also I rejet several times to see if that was it but no go dont waste your $ even the rs2 pipe was a waste ... Factory bikes are overall set up the best. It is like a hot rod thing you change cam and intake then you need to change gears to take advantage of the upper rpm hp, its all about having the correct combo guys, KEEP IT STOCK and pratice to go faster:ride:

455 meant to say RHC (Ron Hamp) intake cam .

He knows what works , we dyno'd them all in his bike.