Sign in to follow this  

Need to go 14 R & 17 F on 08 LE model

I bought my wife an 08 TTR125LE large version model and put a Rekluse clutch in it, but it's too tall for her. I got the LE because it has the disc and better shock, and thought if I cut the seat down it would be short enough, but it isnt. SO...what I want to do is put the same size 14" rear and 17" front rims as the standard TTR model, as it fits her perfect but I would like to go with aluminum rims. Does anyone know if I can use the 14 and 17" rims on the YZ85? If not does anyone have a lead on who would have a spoke/rim kit I could use with my stock hubs. It will be the perfect bike for her when I'm done but I would rather not spend $1K on wheels if I dont have to! All info is greaty appriciated!!

YZ is a different spoke pattern. If you check the fiche out, the spoke pattern and count should be the same between the models. Try BBR or Pro-Wheel. THey sell aluminum rims that fit the TTR.

-Kerry

Buchanan Wheel Custom SS spoke set will work for the front, although you may have to get a rim custom drilled. A stock spoke kit for a TTR125E or 125S will work with a stock rim or another custom drilled rim, as BBR only sold 19 fronts.

Looked up Pro Wheels on line, and they are about 40 miles from my house, called them...$300 laced and trued with black aluminum rims. Took them in and they are doing them now. Thanks for the tips!!:banana:

If a TTR wheel can be used on a set of YZ85 forks with three washers, I don't see why you can't get a complete 17" YZ85 wheel to work on a set of TTR forks. You might have to machine some custom spacers. Lacing TTR wheel suck more than anything and the YZ wheel is a better wheel anyway. The hub is nice and light. Just my $.02.