Sign in to follow this  

Rear Wheel Interchange Question

I am looking to get a used rear wheel off of ebay so I can mount a paddle tire. What other bikes and years rear wheels will fit a 2004 wr250f? Will YZ250s or 125s Fit? YZF450s, WR450s? Older bikes?

Thanks!

There are 90s 18" YZ250, 490s, 125s etc wheels on ebay that are reasonable. I am wondering if this will fit the axle and fit between the frames.

FAQ says that '01 thru '08 wrs are interchangeble, but thats all the info I found so far.

I am looking to get a used rear wheel off of ebay so I can mount a paddle tire. What other bikes and years rear wheels will fit a 2004 wr250f? Will YZ250s or 125s Fit? YZF450s, WR450s? Older bikes?

Thanks!

I know the YZ250F 01-08 are interchangeable, I think some YZ250 (2-smoker) can be swapped out as well, I believe it's 1999 and up but not a 100% sure.

If those will bolt up to a WR I'm not sure, but I think they will. I'm pretty sure the only difference is in the front wheel with the speedo cable?

It was always my understanding that all 99-08 125's, 250's, 250f's, 400's, 426's and 450's all used the same rear hub.

Good luck finding one for $100. A new one complete (rim, hub, bearings, brake rotor. sprocket, ect.) will run you anywhere from $400-700+. A good used one can be had for around $250 +/-. You can find a rear wheel for $100 but just be ready for it to be bent to hell.

Hmmm. That explains why most people change the tire out every time they go to the dunes. Kind of a pain. I'll keep searching. Thanks

You should be able to find a used rear 19 for $100. I need to look in the garage I think I might have one.