Sign in to follow this  

i want to ride mx and trail 450 xc or 450 sx-f

i am looking at getting a new bike as soon as i get back from iraq in another 6 months.i love to trail ride and am getting into track also how is the ktm 450 xc gonna handle on the track? i know it's a great track bike.

how is the sf-x 450 gonna trail ride?what would be the better choice for both?i'm not sure what i'm gonna do more of.i currently ride a 02 yz 426 and like the bike just want something newer.i feel more comfortable on the 426 even in trails then i did on my 06 crf 450 x.it just seems to handle alot better.i'm a little worried about getting the 4 speed for trail riding.:thumbsup:

well they are so close they discontinued the xc...I would get the XC for the 5 speed tranny JMO

Thanks for your service

+1 on the xc still great for the track and better for woods, even good in the desert

If your getting new the SX is your only choice it has a 5 speed now anyway they just had a shoot out of the mx bikes for trail in Dirt Rider.

I have 09 450 xcfs here at Motoplex. 425-774-0505. Great all round bike and they are about a $1000.00 off.

Take a realistic account of your skills/needs (are you a national pro hunting a title?) and broaden your options IMO.

I have a SXf450, love it on the track & it kills me to ride off road. Its a bear, suspension is unforgiving, the power unmanagable & it'll buck or wheelie off line when I bend to miss a tree limb. No thanks.

Now, my 530EXC on the other hand, is a treat off road and I can burn laps on our club MX track just swell, thank you very much. 90' triple is soaked up just fine, though I'm sure casing it wouldn't be fun. Rockin the SXish whoops is a bit less controlled but I've seen Nate Kanny blitz them on a stock WR125 Husky so I know its me, not the EXC at fault.

Any bike will need suspension work to bridge the gap you seek, kinda GNCC settings would be close, right? The EXC gives you more gears, slightly milder, broader power spread but pulls as hard as you twist the tube. Until you hit the stops on the legs, they do pretty well on a track.

If I could only have 1, it would be the EXC.:thumbsup: