Sign in to follow this  

New world for a new biker

Hello everyone,

I'm Francesco and i would like to join in enduro/cross world .... but I've never ridden a motocross bike…. What would you recommend for a beginner?

Thanks

Get yourself a Husky WR125 and start riding. You won't "grow" out of the bike and with it's light weight and very low maintenance you will spend more time riding and less time wrenching. Good luck.

The Husky is a lttle easier to service just because you have a lttle more room between the frame and cylinder. In out right speed I don't think there will be much difference. The 200 KTM will have more and a smoother bottom pull if it pulls like the 200 XC I rode. The Husky is a little lighter and turns much better IMO. I will also take the suspension on the Husky over the KTM. The KTM 200 and Husky WR125 are both very nice bikes and should make great beginner bikes. They are not only for beginners they are fun for everybody of all ages and skill levels. If you go used the cost difference shouldn't be to great but if you a looking for a newer bike you can get smoking deals on new 09 Huskys.

But I have to tell you, KTM EXC is an excellent machine, the 200cc version could be also too agressive for a rookie like you. (at least, it was for a rookie like me)

id get a wr125, if in a few months of riding you think your ready, get a ktm 200. then stick with it and ride ride ride

DEPENDS. what's your height/weight and have you ever ridden any type of motorcycle before?

To 2strokey: height 170cm , weight 70Kg......Husq should be good for me?

Ok, you told me positive aspects of them…but what kind of problems could i find in Husqvarna? And Ktm?

NONE with the Husky.

Edited by john01

Two options not yet considered - CR500AF or KX500AF, what more could you want ????????

:thumbsup::ride:

the ktm 125 is also a great bike for beginners. its what i got and i havent had any problems, and its pretty low maintenance.

Thanks for your advice guys! I've not decided yet but I've just seen this videos and I really like the Husky stuff there! what do you think about it?

husky's are tall bikes, really only for people over 6 foot, they are exceptionaly tall, and 125's are not the most beginner friendly bikes, what do you plan on doing with the bike, mainly mx? or mainly hare scrambles? in either case i suggest you looking into an air cooled 250cc trail bike to leran the basics of riding a dirt bike on, once you can ride that well, then look at up grading to something more focused, first bikes always get destroyed from an army of small crashes, so it's a good idea to get something cheap to start with.

look at an XR 250/400, DR250 or TT-r 250, ride whatever you get for a few motnhs and once your comfortable that you can easily control them, move onto whatever it is tickles your fancy.