Sign in to follow this  

YZ125 Starting help.

Hello everyone, I have a 06' YZ125, never ever had a problem with the bike, its basically mint, I do know a lot about engines and how to fix them, so I know a little about what I'm talking about, for some reason it stopped starting, obviously I assumed the plug was fouled, which in turn it was when I changed it out, I went from running a NGK BR8EG to an NGK BR8ES and I do understand that I can run it in the bike. Today I tried starting it up and it just doesn't wanna kick over, it will start if I pop start it but wont stay running for long, I think it could maybe possibly be a fuel issue, but I don't understand how it could be, the bike does not have a huge amount of hours on it, and is very well taken care of. Any ideas/suggestions?

well, it could be flooded from all your kicking over and such... try WOT for a couple seconds then kick. Or the fuel is bad,old,dirty,etc. so you'll need to drain the tank into a seperate gas jug, get some fresh 93 or 91 octane whatever you normally get(only need 1 or 2 gallons) and try it. Maybe your fuel filter is clogged? How did it run after your push start, lean,rich,erratic idle?

lots of times fuel problems can't be explained... they just happen so hours on your bike have nothing to do with it On the other hand, it might not be a fuel problem at all, maybe your low on spark from flywheel, stator, coil... which in turn wouldn't burn hot enough to get rid of the junk that builds up on the plug.

Ofcorse there was premix gas in the bike joeatl17, but yeah thanks alot for your help Super, I had the bike running perfectly yesterday, must have never had enough gas through the lines but once it got some flowing it was running mint. :thumbsup: