Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Ryan Villopoto's kx250f exhaust

First off you can not buy that exhaust.

Second it will gain more power with an engine tuned to it. Ie porting camduration etc.

Third generaly only people like vilipoto will need that much power. Generaly a stock bike makes more power then an avarage ride can use.

What do you mean you cant buy it. PC says on there site the Ti-4R is the same systems the pros use. JK:lol:

i thought you were serious till i got to the end of the sentence. that pipe is built for low end, ie supercross.

Mitch said they would never sell a shorter version of the pipe they sell because you would be changing out the packing way too much. I think what was said above is the best response to the question but if you really want one I bet Villopoto has one he will sell you that is slightly bent with dirt jammed in the end or you can go look on the Florida turnpike for the one that came off his bike last week when driving home.

that is slightly bent with dirt jammed in the end

:ride:

I noticed that when he was trying to get it started but couldn't. First thing I thought was, how in the hell did he get it packed up with dirt like that, till I saw the replay. :thumbsup:

:lol:

I noticed that when he was trying to get it started but couldn't. First thing I thought was, how in the hell did he get it packed up with dirt like that, till I saw the replay. :ride:

Yeah he had that frustrated and confused look I did when I was trying to kick my bike over with the wash plug in. :thumbsup:

Yeah he had that frustrated and confused look I did when I was trying to kick my bike over with the wash plug in. :thumbsup:

:ride: Yeah I think we've all done that before.

And RV is on a 450 not a 250. They also run a fmf clone head pipe that they can't sell to the public because of patent laws. They use it to lower the sound. His silencer may look shorter (I don't know never really looked at it compared to others) but maybe they lengthened the head pipe, etc. They can't go too short with them because of sound tests. Their bikes are quieter at a certain rpm than oem bikes but louder at other rpm's.

I have the Ti-4r exhaust and I cut it 2 inches shorter at the tip, so it looks like RV's same exhaust. I felt that it did add bottem end power and it also sounds alot better then it did.

I have the Ti-4r exhaust and I cut it 2 inches shorter at the tip, so it looks like RV's same exhaust. I felt that it did add bottem end power and it also sounds alot better then it did.

your a wanker mate, people like you that get riding area's shut down.

First off you can not buy that exhaust.

Second it will gain more power with an engine tuned to it. Ie porting camduration etc.

Third generaly only people like vilipoto will need that much power. Generaly a stock bike makes more power then an avarage ride can use.

He's on a 450 now so is this about his old 250f? Anyway. All parts used on a lites bike have to be commercially available to the public I thought. Is it not part of the rules?

Edited by Kev250

only some of the parts like frame and swing arm diamensions, motors only the displacement not the mods.

Here's what the AMA Pro Racing Rulebook says about exhaust.

1.5 Exhaust Systems

a. Exhaust pipes and mufflers must fulfill all requirements concerning

sound control. This part is what's key

b. Exhaust pipes and mufflers must be securely attached together

and bolted to the frame.

c. Mufflers must have internal mechanical or packed baffling.

d. The discharge end of the exhaust pipe may not extend beyond the

rear edge of the rear tire.

e. The inside of the exhaust discharge end must be a maximum of 5

inches from the outside edge of the tire or frame.

And here's from the 2010 AMA Motocross Rulebook

12. Exhaust System (94 Db/A beginning 2011; see appendix 6.2)

a. The exhaust system must be attached securely

together and to the frame, and must remain so until

the end of the event.

b. The discharge end of an exhaust system may not

extend past the rear edge of the back tire, nor point

so that it creates dust or interferes with the vision of

another rider.

c. Machines entered in all meets shall have

mufflers/silencers which do not exceed the maximum

db(A) required by the state where the meet is being

held or 99 db(A), whichever is less, measured at half

maximum rpm per MIC manual SAE J1287 test at

0.5-meters (20-inches).

d. Applicable sound test limits may not be exceeded at

any time during an event. Testing by a club or

promoter is required. The testing may be conducted at any time. Any machine not complying with

applicable sound rules may be penalized.

e. When required, spark arresters shall remain in place

throughout the event.

f. Items 12. a-e above applies to all entrants, including

pro-licensed riders.

All parts used on a lites bike have to be commercially available to the public I thought. Is it not part of the rules?

I couldn't find anywhere in the AMA Pro Racing Rulebook that states all parts, but some do though. (250F & 450F)

your a wanker mate, people like you that get riding area's shut down.

That comment makes no sence at all, you dont know how I ride were I ride and how loud my bike really is:bonk:. I only ride and race on MX's track's that we are aloud to to ride at. My stock pipe is louder then my PC pipe that i shortend. people like you with dumb ass comments that dont know what your talking about is the reason tracks get shut down. Keep you own spode comments to your self buddy:lame:

That comment makes no sence at all, you dont know how I ride were I ride and how loud my bike really is:bonk:. I only ride and race on MX's track's that we are aloud to to ride at. My stock pipe is louder then my PC pipe that i shortend. people like you with dumb ass comments that dont know what your talking about is the reason tracks get shut down. Keep you own spode comments to your self buddy:lame:

Ye but the who the heck cuts a $700 +/- exhaust? That's kind of unusual, don't ya think? Never seen or heard of anyone having the time or thinking it worth the trouble to do so, and i've been around bikes my entire life..

Ye but the who the heck cuts a $700 +/- exhaust? That's kind of unusual, don't ya think? Never seen or heard of anyone having the time or thinking it worth the trouble to do so, and i've been around bikes my entire life..

Im a GM trained tech I was repacking it in my shop and decided i was willing to take the chance of doing it and it came out perfect looks factory.

you stock pipe is 102 db when tested in gear, (ignition mapping is retarded in nuetral to pass sound regs, kawi's been doing it for years), the pipe you cut up was legal when tested in gear beforehand, the stock pipe is not legal when tested in gear, but is in nuetral, yes it will still pass the sound test because the test's are ferformed in nuetral, but it's still way louder then it needs to be, weather you ride mx or not, mx parks are still under fire for noise, for that piss ant little bit of performance you might have gained by chopping two inches off the exhaust is it worth being part of the problem? instead of buying a $700 exhaust and cutting it up to make it louder you would have been better off buying half a dozen tries, few gallons of oil and more fuel to practice more.

Cutting the stock silencer 2in was a common mod in the 2stroke world...

you stock pipe is 102 db when tested in gear, (ignition mapping is retarded in nuetral to pass sound regs, kawi's been doing it for years), the pipe you cut up was legal when tested in gear beforehand, the stock pipe is not legal when tested in gear, but is in nuetral, yes it will still pass the sound test because the test's are ferformed in nuetral, but it's still way louder then it needs to be, weather you ride mx or not, mx parks are still under fire for noise, for that piss ant little bit of performance you might have gained by chopping two inches off the exhaust is it worth being part of the problem? instead of buying a $700 exhaust and cutting it up to make it louder you would have been better off buying half a dozen tries, few gallons of oil and more fuel to practice more.

The exhaust isent much louder if not any louder then it was at all. It sounds raspy (like the pros bikes) not loud. I have two 09 kx250f's and one 2010 kx250f, one that is brand new with .7 hours on it with the stock exhaust and that it noticeable louder then my shorted Ti-4R exhaust. I didn't cut ti to "make it louder" I cut it to make it lighter,look different, add bottem end power, and sound better (nice and crispy). If you care so much about being loud why aren't you going to kawasaki and talking to them about their stock exhaust? I also didn't pay anywhere near as much as $700 for this pipe I got a real good deal on it. I would never spend that much on a exhaust. I do have brand new front and rear tires on all my bikes. I have a stack of 6 brand new tires in my garage. I have plenty of oil and race gas to last me a season with out a problem. When racing A and B class I take care of that stuff first.