Sign in to follow this  

2007 kx250f gearing.

I have a 2007 kx250f gearing im a prety agresive racer and when im in a race i will notice that im in 4th and 5th gear most of the time and i dont have much top end. What could i do to get more top end out of my bike?

First thing I would do is see if your clutch is toast.

Either springs or the plates it self.

I had a same issue where it seemed I needed another gear.

It turned out my clutch was slipping like mad.

Unless you are running a 52-55 sprocket rear. Or a 11-12 front you're probably having a clutch issue.

I know its not the clutch, because it still pulls hard and doesnt slip at all.

What is your sprocket set up?

Yeah so it pulls so did mine. It was the clutch.

You can deny it all you want not my bike. But 13/48 is will be more then enough to get around all tracks in 3rd except for a few long straights were you can stretch out to 5th.

I ride redbud and only in a few spots do I ever get into 5th

Do what you will but I think your clutch is slipping.

Don't ever asume it can't be anything.

If you have debates then ride some one elses and compare.

If it turns out you can ride a 13/48 on a good techinal track and top the bike out majority of the time then you should try and get a pro-ride with procircuit or atleast teamgreen amature.

I'll tell you what. If you are in sw Michigan you can bring the bike to me and I will inspect your clutch for you.

I could be wrong. It could be cam timing or jetted way off. How ever I suspect the clutch.

I live in about 10 miles south of new buffalo mi.

Thats a long drive from me, i live in northern michigan. But im going down to indiana this summer and i could possible bring it down with me.

You said it's an 07 and only 6 hrs. Or only 6 hrs on a new clutch.

If you installed a new clutch and you have the metal plates wrong that is definetly your problem. If not and it's an 07 and 6 total hours wow.

Like I said. I think it's the clutch. I could be wrong but I had the same issue whn I installed a new clutch pack that I put the plates wrong. Did the same thing. I was riding in 4th and 5th and wanting more. Was like ***? I also just did motor work and thought it was the motor just being more powerfull till I started jumping a big jump I normaly cleared in 3rd and was having to do it in 5th.

That's when I found out my clutch was toast.