Sign in to follow this  

91 XR200R decomp lever - help please

I am wrapping up a clutch on a 200R and the decomp position was disturbed while the cover was off. Is this the correct alignment of the index marks? Sorry my pointers are a little difficult to see.

Do I have to hold the lever back as the case goes on?

Thanks for helping.

Copyof91XR200R001.jpg

91XR200R002.jpg

The index marks look good. You do need to rotate the decomp. shaft. I have found for me it works best to remove the decompessor cam on the outside case. Reinstall the bolt just tight enough you can rotate it counter-clock wise. And slip the side cover into place. You have to index the clutch shaft to but that just takes a little wiggle. If everything is in place the side cover will fit up against the center case.

The index marks look good. You do need to rotate the decomp. shaft. I have found for me it works best to remove the decompessor cam on the outside case. Reinstall the bolt just tight enough you can rotate it counter-clock wise. And slip the side cover into place. You have to index the clutch shaft to but that just takes a little wiggle. If everything is in place the side cover will fit up against the center case.

Thanks, that is exactly what I did.

Edited by bronc3