Sign in to follow this  

wont start at all

i have an 06 crf 450r i heard a knocking noise and took the top end apart to check the rod bearings and every thing else i could check.every thing there was fine acording to the local shop. and to some helpful people on thumper talk it might have been my timing chain tensioner thanks to those guys. now with a new piston and rings and the head cleaned up all i get is a back fire after about 10 to 15 kicks later and i have checked and re checked and re checked the timing marks and all clearances every thing seems to be right on so now i dont no what i could check. can some body please give me some pointers.:thumbsup: thanks

thanks for the reply i called the local honda dealer and he told me about the marks so i pulled the cover off and lind up the markes with the (t) on the stater so i know it is at tdc and then lined the marks on the cam and still just a back fire

There is no T mark on the flywheel.

LOOK AND READ THAT POST i linked for you

i read your link and and were the to marks are if u pull the cover off and look at your cyl were the arrow is on your stater there is a t and an f one for fire and the other for top and i also have used the dot on the other side and the right hand mark and no matter what mark i use it all lines up and back fires and thanks fo the link. could i posibly not have it on the compression stroke. i have taken the cam gear off and rotated the piston with out moving the valves and found tdc thinking it was not on the right stroke but still no luck (i have done this a couple of time ) and reading your link moto freak boy mentiond counter weight at the bottom of rotation can you please explain how to look for this and thanks again i will take it apart again and try to post pics

Edited by johnnycrf