Sign in to follow this  

2009 or 2010 Tall riders

I am 6 1 and feel cramp on the bike. I have just put easton clamps that are 4 mm forward. I am thinking of the fast way foot pegs in the lower 1/2 position or I saw some pegs that were 1/2 back. Considering a tall seat also but don't think I will need it if I lower the pegs.

Please let me know some ideas that have worked out for the taller riders.

I am 6 1 and feel cramp on the bike. I have just put easton clamps that are 4 mm forward. I am thinking of the fast way foot pegs in the lower 1/2 position or I saw some pegs that were 1/2 back. Considering a tall seat also but don't think I will need it if I lower the pegs.

Do a search and you will find loads of opinions on this. Basically, you can get different clamps or different bars to accommodate that stuff.

Guys tend to be split on the pegs though. Some people love them and some don't like the fact their feet are now lower and therefore targets for ruts.

Regarding the seat, I like a tall seat when I'm trail riding, but don't care for one on the track. I should be standing more anyways. :thumbsup:

Try Pivot Pegs but switch the mounts and your pegs will be lowered almost 2.5 ".

Then try Tusk bar risers you will gain 2-6" depending on which shims you use.

Hey, I'm 6'1 and have the fastway's in the lower positon. It opened up the riding postion and i feel more upright when standing. very happy so far.

Racer310, I have a set of IMS pegs that are lower and rear set. I used them for about 10 hours...PM me if you want them or more info.

And +1 on the Tusk risers. That's what I use its only 20 bucks for a full "kit" with shims and bolts. So much easier (and cheaper) than new bars.

1/2 back pegs are a must have......:thumbsup:

MSR or Moose has a nice set that is wide and slightly arched.

Racer310, I have a set of IMS pegs that are lower and rear set. I used them for about 10 hours...PM me if you want them or more info.

And +1 on the Tusk risers. That's what I use its only 20 bucks for a full "kit" with shims and bolts. So much easier (and cheaper) than new bars.

How come you're getting rid of them ? :thumbsup:

How come you're getting rid of them ? :thumbsup:

My wife bought me some Fastways...so I had to use them. ha, ha

Im 6'3" I have it all tall seat, tall bars, and lower pegs. It makes going from sitting to standing much easier and the tall bars make standing much more comfy. The tall seat is the best for me though. I bought an SDG seat but dont think I would do that again the seat base is junk and broke on me. Now I use the SDG seat foam on the stock base. Good luck. I wish Acerbis made the new seat in tall I would get that forsure.

If you are tall, start with Renthal RC High bars first. They are the same bend as the stock 971's, but they are 20mm taller. Makes a huge difference.

If you race, avoid the lowboy pegs and taller seats. The lowboy pegs put your ankles and knees at risk and the taller seat raises your center of gravity, which slows down turning. Trail riders can get away with them and they will make their long rides more comfortable.

I'm running outlaw risers 50mm and 4.75 Prp Taper Contours. I'm 6'2" no more neck pain when standing up and flying threw woops.