Sign in to follow this  

Pit bike problems!!

Got a friend with a pitster pit bike, hes telling me he can only turn the throttle about 1/4 of the way or it bogs out and shuts down. Any suggestions on what may be wrong with it? I haven't gotten a chace to look at it but were trying to get it ready for the weekend and i'm trying to see if i can get some info before i start messing with it, Thanks Tanner

My Pitster Pro was jetted pretty lean from the factory. It would make the header glow red hot at idle in about a minute. When I'd exit corners, it would stumble and bog if I pinned the throttle. I installed a richer pilot jet and it solved both problems in addition to making the bike start on the first kick 90% of the time.

I was thinking the same thing. do you happen to know what size you installed? were at about 1000 feet on average (PA), this thing doesn't stumple it straight out is bogged. they way he is talking sounds like its not getting near enough gas.

I don't remember. I bought a jetting kit from TBolt and just went up one size at a time.

Yep, sounds lean, T bolt USA is a great Pitster dealer and can fix you up with everything Pitster.