Act now to Reopen Reiter

To all,

Looks like their going to try to flank us with public opinion. This could end up in triple taxation for ORV’S (tabs, gas tax & access fees) with no re-open Reiter amendment. Peter Goldmark’s DNR recommended to remove the ORV exemption amendment and to disregard the reopen Reiter amendment request at the Feb 24 Senate Nat/Resource Com Hearing: http://www.tvw.org/search/siteSearch...te=2010&bhcp=1

When you call, recommend to amend:

“OPEN Reiter NOW and PHASE IN NEW ECO STANDARDS over time and as funds permit” to gather your support!!!!

Please call the hotline and forward to all you know!

I view this as an assault on the “working families play grounds”.

Thanks,

Ted

I say we just all show up out there some coming weekend. Time to get a big banner that says REITER OPEN and post it on Hwy 2 in a few places.

Goldmark is out of line.

Getta a couple of those business owners out there with us.

Great idea if we show in force.

Post signs the week before the date and rally!

Somethings gotta change!?

I watched the video for the 2/24 hearing on SB2480, which proposes to impose user fees for DNR recreation use. Along about the 25 minute mark, three representatives from the Sultan/Goldbar area testify to the negative financial impact of Reiter closure and ask for reopening. I'll interpret that as an attempt to add a rider to the user fee bill to coerce the DNR to reopen Reiter in return for the collection of fees.

Around minute 35, one of the committee waves the famous Reiter "damage photos" and asks where are the photos that show how nice the place really is. He also states that the place was closed because we elected Goldmark to improve the management of public lands. "The people have spoken". That is his reasoning for why Reiter was closed after thirty years of "don't ask, don't tell".

I think some of the users on this site have some good photos of the undamaged areas of Reiter that should be sent to this committee, at least to counter the Sierra Club view that this is a disaster area.

I heard the names Jacobson(could be Jacobsen), Morton, and Ranker on the committee.

I watched the video for the 2/24 hearing on SB2480, which proposes to impose user fees for DNR recreation use. Along about the 25 minute mark, three representatives from the Sultan/Goldbar area testify to the negative financial impact of Reiter closure and ask for reopening. I'll interpret that as an attempt to add a rider to the user fee bill to coerce the DNR to reopen Reiter in return for the collection of fees.

Around minute 35, one of the committee waves the famous Reiter "damage photos" and asks where are the photos that show how nice the place really is. He also states that the place was closed because we elected Goldmark to improve the management of public lands. "The people have spoken". That is his reasoning for why Reiter was closed after thirty years of "don't ask, don't tell".

I think some of the users on this site have some good photos of the undamaged areas of Reiter that should be sent to this committee, at least to counter the Sierra Club view that this is a disaster area.

I heard the names Jacobson(could be Jacobsen), Morton, and Ranker on the committee.

Interesting that they interpret the election of Goldmark as if the people have spoken. No, he was elected because the sheeple thought voting in Democrats would entirely change all the "bad" that Bush Cheney Oil Company brought about. It's like today. We're sick of what the Dems are feeding us and we think that voting in Republicans will fix it all for us. :ride:

I will say personal freedom will come back in vogue which is a great thing. ?

End the war, economy, deficit, dem, repub, it don't matter.?

I think some of the users on this site have some good photos of the undamaged areas of Reiter that should be sent to this committee,

That would something good to do next year if the Reiter comes up before the committee again. Legislative action concerning Reiter is dead for this year.

at least to counter the Sierra Club view that this is a disaster area.

Not just the Sierra Club, but the DNR Olympia headquarters staff.

Jacobsen is the committee chairman and he supports Goldmark's position and because the masses elected Goldmark we are stuck with him until 2012 at the soonest.