Sign in to follow this  

2002 yz125 plastics

Hey guys. I just bought my friends 2002 yz125 for $1800 with a full athena piston kit, fmf sst pipe with the power core silencer, and vforce 3 reeds. Its crazy fast compared to my 06 kawi 250f that I had. The only problem is that the plastics are kind of trashed and the graphics started to peel off yesterday when we went trail riding. My kawi looked brand new when I sold it. I just wanted to make the yz look new too. (pet peeve) For the yz, are there other years of plastics that will fit it or do I have to get the 2002 ones? I noticed that the 2007 has a more curved, less square front fender. I hate the flat square looking one thats on there right now so maybe I should get a full set of new 2002 plastics and also order an '07 fender and try to bolt it on there?

Will different year plastics be compatible with the '02?

You can make any year fender fit with minor mods... Im waiting on my 2010 250f fender to arrive so I can fit it to my 00' yz125. Already done this mod on my 03 yz250 and it looks 100% better, it was suggested by a TT member but I dont rem the thread. Theres a pic in it though.

It looks like most of the plastics stayed the same from 02-current. The exceptions are the front fender and number plate which were updated in 06 and the fork sliders which were changed in 05 to accomodate the 48mm forks and direct hose routing.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=332&s=2

EXACTLY... the side panels would be a PITA to fit on the 2000 so I didnt bother! Just trimmed side number plates.

But the '09s wouldnt be that hard to fit on a 2002 right? They look the same...

Because they are the same. Notice he said 2000. The plastics were the same from 96 to 01 and then 02 onward with the exceptions mentioned above.