Sign in to follow this  

Lifan 150 oil?

Here in California...

Conventional Autozone brand 10W50 for summer (anytime it's not snowing) and 5W30 for the snow. Used it in all my china motors, changed it a 7-10 hours and ride on. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Thax bud!!

I was thinkin about using synthetic? The motor uses about half a quart of oil ?

Maybe it will help extend the life of the motor.

Falcon!!

Some say that sythetics are no good in china motors.

I believe that oil is oil.

I also believe that FREQUENT oil changes are the key with china motors. EXCESSIVE oil changes are where the extended life is at. Not oil type. Especially if it only holds a half quart.

If you ride 10 hours a week..

At $2 for a conventional change a week versus $8 a week with synthetic.

Life will be greatly lengthened if you use fresh oil everytime. Your money is your money. Ride Chinese! -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Car oil isn't good for bike clutches. I always use an oil designed for heavy equipment, something like Mobil Delvac 1300, or Shell Rotella. Lots of zinc for the hard parts and bearings.

Good luck

I have not seen a difference in using "MOTOR" oil in a motor, and using desiel truck oil. I use Non-detergent 30 single viscosity. Changed so regularily it is always clean. You can use any brand you want. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

Thax guys

Well I went with NAPA full Synthetic 10/30 $4 a quart at 2 oil changes per quart= $2 per change.

When it starts get hot here in the Cal desert I'll change to a little heavier waight.

Falcon!!