Sign in to follow this  

07 250sx-f carb tuning info needed

I need some advice on tuning my 07 250sxf. Fist thing i need to know is the correct float bowl spec so i can get that adjusted. The carb was overflowing fuel while just sitting with the fuel turned so I adjusted the float leave and not it is running a touch lean. I also need some advice on what jets would be a good starting point for my area which is south Georgia. The Bike has a horrible bottom end bog that developed after adjusting the float bowl height so that might be corrected with setting the level to the right specs. I still want to get ahead and do some tuning while in the carb so any advice would be great.

Thanks

Mike

With my stock 07 carb I'm was at 40 175 OBPT on 3rd clip. 2 out on the fuel screw. It's ok, could be better. A little flat in the mid range but screams on top. One thing I would do it get rid of the 70 AB, put a 100 in for the last ride. Was around 50 the last time out.

Try 42 pilot jet, 55 or 60 leak jet if you've got the bung for it otherwise honda diaphram, oring on ac pump actuators, 175 main. I'm using the JD needle but there are other good ones. Put your float back to where it was, sometimes they just get stuck. If that happens again pick up the back of the bike and drop it and it should be fine.