Sign in to follow this  

Top end rebuild for 05 crf250r

I'm fixing to rebuild my top end (piston,rings,valves,springs ect) and I was wanting some advise on what types and brands of parts I should put in. I was thinking about going with Wiseco piston and kibblewhite valves and springs. I ride motocross and I'm about to start racing.

Edited by ardracing
Miss spelling

08 piston, kibblewhite exhaust valves, oem intake valves, berillium intake seats, kibblewhite springs and guides. Find an 08 cam while your at it and throw that in there.

Call Ron Hamp and get his valves and springs for the intakes at a min. You can run the stock OEM ex valves but get the 08 OEM springs for the exhaust valves. I agree with the 08 OEM cam - much better then the 05 one. Much better than a Hot Cam as well (not sure about their gold series). Put in the 08 piston and you'll notice a significant gain in power and ridability.

08 piston is a higher compression piston and the 08 cam is arguably the best cam for the buck you can purchase. Yes you can keep the 05 head.

Ok well probably goin with either 08 oem or wiseco high compression piston13.5:1 and Ron Hamp valve and springs kit and a 08 cam. Thanks for the help any other comments or suggestions welcomed.

change the cam chain tensioner while your doing that. Cheap insurance.