Your tube tips/tricks.....avoiding pinches...

As many of you know, I am new to the DRZ and off road motorcycles in general. I have been riding street for the last 18 or so years, but never had to deal with tubes. The last tubes I ever messed with were on my BMX and 10 speed bikes....never pinched one of those.?

I am hopefully going to be installing some new tires this weekend, and wanna avoid making any rookie mistakes. So, what are your tricks and tips to making sure everything goes smoothly??

1. Filling tube with a tad of air first?

2. Using helping agents like WD40, talcom powder, pledge?( I used pledge when mounting street bike tires..helps a ton)

3. Anything else??

All feedback appreciated. ?

I wanna avoid ending up doing this: :ride::banghead:?

I have a garbage bag with baby powder in it just for doing tire changes. Put the tube in the bag and give it a shake. Keeping the rim and bead wet helps too; I use windex. Having a little air in the tube like you said helps a lot! You Tube has a couple of really helpful videos on changing tires (I'd give you the link, but my work blocks You Tube). Just remember if it seems like your working too hard, you're probably doing something wrong.

Good tire irons help alot, the tire irons with spoons on them are my favorite seem to work better than others for me, after you put the tire half way on, put the tube in and put air in it and then let the air out it helps form the tube to the tire, I use dish soap and water and take little bites good luck!

all sounds good.

Another thing..never having dealt with them before..anything special to know about the rim lock??

what is the process with that??

1. one side tire

2. tube

3. other side of tire

4. lock down rim lock

????

Yes, you need to fill the tire with some air.

Use windex to help the tire slip onto the rim.

Use corn starch on the tube to prevent it from chafing in the tire if you run low pressures.

Buy a bead buddy to help hold the tire on the rim as you work around the other side. It's like having a third hand.

Warm your tires in the sun before you start.

Try to find the Doug Schopinsky videos on Transworld Motocross. Makes mounting a tire easy.

Haven't tried mounting 17" sm tires but for my 18"/21" wheels it's been pretty easy.

As many of you know, I am new to the DRZ and off road motorcycles in general. I have been riding street for the last 18 or so years, but never had to deal with tubes. The last tubes I ever messed with were on my BMX and 10 speed bikes....never pinched one of those.?

I am hopefully going to be installing some new tires this weekend, and wanna avoid making any rookie mistakes. So, what are your tricks and tips to making sure everything goes smoothly??

1. Filling tube with a tad of air first?

2. Using helping agents like WD40, talcom powder, pledge?( I used pledge when mounting street bike tires..helps a ton)

3. Anything else??

All feedback appreciated. ?

I wanna avoid ending up doing this: :ride::banghead:?