Sign in to follow this  

Speedo tach options

My bike has a trail tech speedo on it but it doesnt have a tach and its not working at the time not sure if its batterys or what. Any how whats the best model / brand to buy.

Edited by Tacomaman87
spelling

I have not bought one yet, but been doing a lot of research and the trail tech vapor seems to be very highly rated by all who have it. If you don't mind, post what you end up getting and what you think. I will do the same if I get one before you do.

just fyi... do not get gasoline on the lense of the vapor. It will eat through the lense in about 35 seconds.

...ask me how I know :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Ill look into the vapor i think mine is THE ENDURANCE. It may be in the classifieds soon!

Edited by Tacomaman87
STUFF

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the reg and the stealth?:thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the reg and the stealth?:thumbsup:

from what i can find on their site its just the color of the unit it self. cant find anything else about it being different. I don't like the idea of cutting my radiator hose to install the temp sensor just looks like one more place to spring a leak out on the trail. what everyones experience with this??

No problem here with cutting the hose, although my bike never sees the trails. Just make sure the temp sensor lead is tie wrapped out of the way and you should be fine. Love the Vapor so far

I have had no problems with cutting the hose. No leaks. The sensor is pretty hidden and I think it's a great tool when in the tight stuff. You can set the Vapor engine temp to two indicators points. One for "getting hot" and another for "turn your bike off, it's boiling!" You choose where you want it too. It's not a factory setting. Your choice. It has these for the RPM's aswell. The new Vapor looks nice. It has a different screen configuration. The only thing that I wish it had would to give an average speed. It has everything else you could need. Easy installation too.

Thanks guys i like the idea of the sensor and all but i was just wondering if there was any other way to do it rather than cutting the hose i guess it can be all that bad ill just use some good hose clamps not the cheapo's.

thanks for the input

Garrett

I agree, cutting the hose is fine, I ride tight woods, crash all the time, get caught up on limbs and have never had the sensor leak. If you catch a limb stiff enough on that hose, it's gonna come loose, sensor or not. But its pretty much tucked behind the radiator as is, and I dont foresee having any issues with it.

I agree, cutting the hose is fine, I ride tight woods, crash all the time, get caught up on limbs and have never had the sensor leak. If you catch a limb stiff enough on that hose, it's gonna come loose, sensor or not. But its pretty much tucked behind the radiator as is, and I dont foresee having any issues with it.

No issues with me either. 2.5 years and no leaks or snags. I crash just as much.:banana: I also have rad beaces/guards so the sensor is tucked inside.

The radiator hose will not leak., If you are set to not cut the hose, they can get you a CHT style sensor that will mount under your spark plug (replaces the spark plugh washer).

If your goal is to prevent boiling over wouldn't you want to stick with measuring the water temp and not the engine temp, or would it not matter?