Sign in to follow this  

'04 crf250 with serious jetting problems

I have an '04 crf250. it was running great then an exhaust valve broke. i replaced it along with a few other worn parts and then a few short days after ive had a serious problem with the motor. The entire valve train is completely after market , almost entirely pro circuit. ported and polished. cp high compresion piston and full PC exhaust. it runs of VP fuels. it wont hold a steady idle, and when ridden mid to upper is all bog and hesitation. the lower range is short put seems ok. i brought it to a dealership and they serviced it and fixed the problem. then the next day the problem came back. before all this happened the main jet was 175, then i tried to fix it by putting in a 180. it helped a little but not much. in it now is a 160main jet that was put in by the mechanic. still having the problem. what could it be? i checked all the valve tolerances too there all to spec

yep its right . i checked it last night. it seems like all the parts are physicaly good. i put a boisen quick shot on too but it didnt help even after following there jetting directions