Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 525 fcr

Hey,

I just bought a KTM525 duke 39mm fcr from ebay. It was only 99 bucks so i went ahead and bought it before asking; was afraid it might not be there later. Anyway should this carb work? Here is a link if it works http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390132333926&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Anyway i know i need other parts for it to fit. Can you guys list parts i need and where i can find them? Thanks

Will be hard to fit :

1. don't have the removable intake bell ,won't fit the rubber from air box.

2. Has a cast tower ,will hit the frame at top of the throttle wheel house

A cast tower? Im not sure what that is. Does it serve a purpose; or just where it was casted, if thats what you mean. If so cant i just remove it?

And about the bell not fiting the rubber from the air box, im pretty creative technically cant i just slap on any old hose i can make fit?

Edited by sTkeaton250
Missing info

A cast tower? Im not sure what that is. Does it serve a purpose; or just where it was casted, if thats what you mean. If so cant i just remove it?

And about the bell not fiting the rubber from the air box, im pretty creative technically cant i just slap on any old hose i can make fit?

The cast tower(solid aluminum) is there to protect the throttle wheel , and you might be able to grind it down to make it fit

I know some people has made intake bells, if you search this forum , you might find someone who can help.

In addition to what you have ,you will need some parts :

Carb needle , jets , intake rubber for e-model ,hose clamps ,vacum nipple , and an adapter to the airbox.

I don't know if your throttle wires will work or if you have to use a different kind.

So many people have tried fitting this style of carb and struggled, basically it's wrong. You'll have problems with lots of things. If you do manage to get it fitted, looking at the condition I don't think it'll work very well.

I would strongly reccommend selling it and getting the right carb.

Sorry...

The seller will refund anything from their store within 7 days so thats no big deal. I still want to find a carb under 300 bucks on eBay; maybe you guys can help me find one that fits. I have a yoshi otw and i want to try to stay under 1000 bucks on the drz this month.

If you can find a carb from an 05 or older ktm 525 it should be the right one. I got mine off an 05. Also I think one from a 98-99 yz 426 will work.

up to 02 the ktm was a 520 39mm carb 03+ 525 the sx had a 41 mm and the exc mxc had a 39mm

I'm running a mx-41mm from a ktm (it's the correct type)