Sign in to follow this  

windham's 2010 geico 450 whos got pics?

i cant seem to find any hi-res shots of his 2010 bike. I am looking for something that shows details of the bike\engine, etc. thinking of doing a close geico replica with my '09. there are a lot of things i cant afford but cosmetically im curious to see the ins and outs of the bike. HRC had a thread stating he liked the 2010 better than the 09 even though he didnt care for the geico bike much, but the photo has been moved\deleted. i googled everything i could think of k-dub\windham\geico\ etc but onld find pics of his older bikes, or action shots which dont show much. :thumbsup:

Funny how Windham went on that big rant about FC revalved stock suspension being the best. Something about white tubes and DLC coated legs doesn't scream stock to me....... Or is this an 09 bike?

Funny how Windham went on that big rant about FC revalved stock suspension being the best. Something about white tubes and DLC coated legs doesn't scream stock to me....... Or is this an 09 bike?

yeah its the 09, the 10 has black plastics don't it

That bike is the 09. He used the factory honda showa fork for 09. Is 2010 bike uses a production based KYB fork. I am sure its far from a simple revalved fork. It would have DLC coatings, Kashima coatings, billet machined lugs, tighter tolerances, custom valves and shim stacks, custom spring seats, titanium springs, ect, ect. Sending your forks to factory connection for a revalve will NOT get you the same forks Windham uses!! I doubt any amount of money would get you the internals to his "stock" KYB forks.:thumbsup:

Kevin's '10 bike has production-based fork and shock. No additional outer coatings (no DLC, no Kashima) and no billet shock body. Some, but not all, of the internals are available to the public. None of this will make you ride like him though.