I hate new MX boots

Nothing makes you feel like a newb again as much as a brand spankin new set of MX boots. I have been riding to work with mine to try and break them in before the upcoming season and I hate it. Anyone have any proven tips on how to accelerate the breakin process?

Oven...heat them up to 110 degrees and apply snoseal to the leather. The heat will melt the snoseal and open to leather pores. As the boot cools it will draw in the snoseal. This will help to soften them up along with you wearing them.

The boots I am currently using, Sidi Crossfires, never needed any breaking in. Was good to go from day 1. Comfiest boots I have ever worn.

I worked on the bike and my house for 3ish hours to break em' in. I'm sure it looked weird mowing the lawn in them. ? After that and a short day of riding, they were good to go. Alpine Tech. 3's BTW. Conditioning the leather makes sense too, just avoid petroleum based products.

I guess it depends on which brand and model of boot you bought. I bought a apir of Gaerne SG10's( which pivot at the ankle) and to be honest they were as comfortable the day I bought them as they are now a year later.

Snoseal or mink oil will condition and soften the leather, but good old fashioned wear and tear will make them feel right.

I bought new pair of Alpinestars Tech 10's..

Pretty much comparible to ski boots sealed in baked concrete...

To get mine to break in even a tiny bit, I had to ride in them everyday for 7 months in South America. Walking them through rivers, drowning them in sand and putting them through a few crashes 70mph ! The 100 litres of sweat they've probably absorbed might of helped too !

Its' the only way, really ! ?

Now they're only like skiboots dumped in wet concrete

Nothing makes you feel like a newb again as much as a brand spankin new set of MX boots. I have been riding to work with mine to try and break them in before the upcoming season and I hate it. Anyone have any proven tips on how to accelerate the breakin process?

Just buy a pair of Gaerne SG12's. No break in required and the gel around the ankle feels oh so good. ?

Yeah maybe my problem is the boot I bought. I wanted a decent, affordable, non "powerranger" 3/4 boot and the one I decided to try was this one:

51IDMwjPDUL._SS500_.jpg

Anyone have any luck in getting a decent break in on a set of Fly Maverik boots?

Yeah maybe my problem is the boot I bought. I wanted a decent, affordable, non "powerranger" 3/4 boot and the one I decided to try was this one:

Anyone have any luck in getting a decent break in on a set of Fly Maverik boots?

Man, I got the exact same boots, for the exact same reasons you listed. I have yet to wear them for a ride though. I have NO IDEA how the hell I'm going to be able to get them broken in well. I wore them around the house a few days...that got old QUICK and it really didn't do much good. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure. If you try something that works for this boot, please post it up...I'll do the same. I do think they're nice looking boots on the cheap though.

Man, I got the exact same boots, for the exact same reasons you listed. I have yet to wear them for a ride though. I have NO IDEA how the hell I'm going to be able to get them broken in well. I wore them around the house a few days...that got old QUICK and it really didn't do much good. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure. If you try something that works for this boot, please post it up...I'll do the same. I do think they're nice looking boots on the cheap though.

I think the biggest issue is the ridged plastic overlay armor that makes the video that was posted with the dude flexing the boot in his hands seem like special effects. If he tried that with our boot he would have been sweating, grunting and generally looking silly.

I actually have a few ideas I am going to try out tonight. One of two things will happen. I will blow out the boot or have a quick break in procedure. One way or another this damn thing is gonna flex.

I think the biggest issue is the ridged plastic overlay armor that makes the video that was posted with the dude flexing the boot in his hands seem like special effects. If he tried that with our boot he would have been sweating, grunting and generally looking silly.

I actually have a few ideas I am going to try out tonight. One of two things will happen. I will blow out the boot or have a quick break in procedure. One way or another this damn thing is gonna flex.

Sounds good, good luck and keep me posted.

Funny you mention the video, after watching it, I of course gave it a try...that was a waste of time. ?

That plastic armor looks cool, and should offer some good protection but it's no doubt the issue. I sure hope what you try works because I really like these boots.

well here is what I did. First I filled the boots with pairs of rolled socks packed as tight as possible. Then with the boot buckled I wrapped a ratchet strap around the boot from front to back under the sole and over the top. I cranked it down and tacoed the boot a few times. Then I took an old towel, tossed it in the dirt and a very trusting buddy held the boot upside down with the top of the toe and the top of the boot on the ground with the tread facing me. I then ddrove my truck halfway over the boot several times. Did I mention that I was a little frustrated with the boots?

Much to my surprise none of this ruined the boots. Even better I can now shift with ease and actually walk down stairswithout looking like a crack head with parkensons. I even wore them to drive to the storewhich was a death wish before because they were so stiff they would get wedged between the floor and the underside of the dash when I tried to use the clutch.

They'll never be as comfy as the WWII replica 2 buckle combat boots I usually ride with but they'll work for the track

hey atleast your brand new boots fit. i bought a new pair of tech 7's thought i needed a little bigger size.... wrong to big. now for the past year i have had boots that are to big. i gota get rid of them soon. i got them on close out and couldnt return them.