Sign in to follow this  

Smog Block - Help!

I decided to go the "sanitary" route and purchased the Tokyo Mods smog block kit. All was going well with hose and fitting removal, etc., but once I got the two thick hoses off the air boot, I found myself staring at two smaller hoses sticking up from the carb area, and connected to nothing.

They both come up to about the level of the top of the subframe, and then bend back over, and neither look like they were ever connected to anything, but I'm hoping the experts can help here.

Next, I installed all the Tokyo Mods parts, and that all went really well, but I'm still staring at those two unconnected hoses.

The connected end of Hose #1 comes off the right front of the carb (lower portion), then comes up, bends over, and appears to connect to nothing.

The connected end of Hose #2 comes off the upper leg of a T fitting, comes up to around the level of the subframe, bends over, and appears to connect to nothing. The horizontal leg of that T fitting runs to the crankcase, and the lower leg of the T fitting vents down below the bike.

I'm thinking that both of the mystery hoses might just be siphon-breaking vents, and not meant to connect to anything. But again, I'm hoping for some help from the experts!

(I can email anybody a photo of these hoses, but I do not have the tech ability to attach it to this post)

Thanks!

Signed,

An Old Two-Stroke Guy, Currently Somewhat Frightened By His Four Stroke

I thought the samething confused me, but they ended being breather hoses. there is a bent bar right buy the carb the ends slide into it comes off the frame and bends into a rectangle. i believe it is next to the wireing conector for the carb. I would take a pic and show you but my bike is not here right now, mybe someone else has there bike apart that could show you.

Your good to go bud, they are just breather hoses. I think the first time anybody sees them they think " what the?" I know I did.

Thanks!

Signed,

An Old Two-Stroke Guy, Currently Somewhat Frightened By His Four Stroke

Love your sig. Same here, always been a two stroke guy now I am like whats a leak jet...do what with what kind of valves..shim what...how...oh a carburetor...now were talking I can handle a carb....but man a four stroke is a complicated animal. But when it is working right, hold on for the sweetest ride around.

Signed,

Another 2 stroke guy exploring a new 4 stroke world.

Thanks guys! This forum is great. Next step, the JD Jetting Kit and Flex Jet. No doubt I'll have a Q or two on those also, so Thanks In Advance.