Sign in to follow this  

wre 125 jetting?

What is the original jet sizes for a 2003 wre 125? i ask that because i just wanted to check myself but i cant seem to get the main jet out without messing up the jet itself, or is it the number on the float cover bolt. Other than that i have just bought a tm 36mm that came from a 98 husky wr 125 for £15 and was wondering what jets would anyone recommend?

Also the bike wasnt starting with the original carb so i checked the spark plug and it was fouled dry black sooty texture so i guessed it was the air fuel mixture but which is it... rich or lean i cant recall :thumbsup:

I went ahead and took the carb off anyway ready to put the other one on and get everything rite with a new plug and hope it works...

Verdict?

The TM 36 may not fit straight on, you may also need the WR intake manifold.

The carbs from a WR125 so go with the jetting that's in it as a starting point.

Read up on 2 stroke carb jetting, use google, there's lots of guides out there.

Don't forget you will have to premix with this carb, unless you can adapt it for autolube.

You may also want to think about a decoke on your expansion pipe and clean air filter as this carb will open it up quite a bit.

okay thanks, i think the carb is an autolube, it has the same nozzle as the delorto where my oil pump went on.