Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Stewart and outdoors???

So stewarts out for the rest of the supercross season correct? If this is in fact the case then I am thinking that there is no way he isn't going to race outdoors. I mean he didnt race at all during the whole outdoor season last year and then he comes back to supercross and only races what, 3 races before messing up his wrist? I cannot see him skipping outdoors again and going a whole nother year without racing. Anybody have any info on this?

i agree on this but its something we can only hope...but i believe more than likely he will...no info out yet 4 sure tho he wudnt decide that so early cuz hes probably workin contracts with FuelTv for his new show and has to work a contract with san manuel

Not another one of these threads.........WHy would his terms have change mid contract?

Not another one of these threads.........WHy would his terms have change mid contract?

When does his contract end?

yeah really. bubbles needs to race mx. thing is, seems like the issue is with larry brooks. larry seems to be a business guy alongside a team mgr. maybe his thing is that the $ is sx, who knows. but we've watched each/all larry brooks team members only ride sx. bubbles wasn't performing, kawi did right to drop him. it's almost like kawi should pick him back up for mx. (or, insert some other team -here-.)

i dont care either way but reed's changed at the 11th hour last year so he could ride outdoors.

James says he says he is coming back for Dallas and the L&M team is still SX only. So he will race 5 to 7 rounds and possible get 5 wins to end the season to set himself up for a new contract for next year. L&M and Red Bull pays James too much to win SX races to allow him to race the outdoors.

He also wants to beat McGrath's SX wins record so I doubt he even wants to put any effort into MX.

i dont care either way but reed's changed at the 11th hour last year so he could ride outdoors.

Not that I was even remotely involved in Chad's contract negotiations but I was under the impression that he pretty much agreed to race the outdoors for no salary.... only for the Championship bonus and the payoff from some funky insurance policy he took out. Not that JS doesn't have the goods to bring home an outdoor title... I just don't think he's gonna go racing for an all or nothing paycheck any time soon.

If this is a just a money making thing for team San Manuel, wouldn't racing mx make extra money and publicity for the team?

My friend and I were just talking about this yesterday. I would think that his team owners would want him to races the nationals this year because if he doesn't then by A1 2011 he will have gone an entire year w/out consistent racing. An intire year is along time to go w/out racing. A year of training and a few select races doesn't do as much for speed/conditioning as continual racing.

MAX!!!

I believe if Bubba misses the majority of the season, which I'd bet he does, his career will go south if he doesn't race the nationals.

My friend and I were just talking about this yesterday. I would think that his team owners would want him to races the nationals this year because if he doesn't then by A1 2011 he will have gone an entire year w/out consistent racing. An intire year is along time to go w/out racing. A year of training and a few select races doesn't do as much for speed/conditioning as continual racing.

MAX!!!

Yea that is the main point that I am getting at. I guess we will know for sure soon enough:banghead:

God has hope he does, Then I will get to see him at Thunder valley,

but I really think that he will racer because he has lost so much actual racing b/c of his injuries. I think that not racing the nationals actually hurt him this year in SX , practice only goes so far.

His career won't suffer one bit, maybe his fan base but not his career, he will still earn over $10 million a year racing the nationals or not. I for one would love to see him back in the outdoors, it's a privileged to watch him ride.:thumbsup:

He should race outdoors Period!

What's the deal with Josh Hill's contract? Is he on the Larry Brooks SX only program too or what?

i dont think he will race outdoors cause he cant dominate like he likes to think he can. there are to many fast guys moving up and he may win a race or two, but that sit.

he is not about the racing like he used to be, he's about the money now. otherwise he would be racing in his off seasons like most of the other guys.

and he will NEVER beat MC's sx record. even his sx dominating days are over, same as i said earlier, he will win races here and there, but the glory days are gone.

His career won't suffer one bit, maybe his fan base but not his career, he will still earn over $10 million a year racing the nationals or not. I for one would love to see him back in the outdoors, it's a privileged to watch him ride.:thumbsup:

I didn't mean his earning capacity would necessarily go south. His racing career would. But now that you mention it, that would follow thereafter.

i dont think he will race outdoors cause he cant dominate like he likes to think he can. there are to many fast guys moving up and he may win a race or two, but that sit.

he is not about the racing like he used to be, he's about the money now. otherwise he would be racing in his off seasons like most of the other guys.

and he will NEVER beat MC's sx record. even his sx dominating days are over, same as i said earlier, he will win races here and there, but the glory days are gone.

haha you must have too much too drink. James can and will pull away from everyone in the 450 class right now if he raced outdoors.