Sign in to follow this  

crf250r engine lockedup..

looking to take apart my crf250r 06' engine lockedup at track.. (it was all the dirtbikes falt ;])

Im getting the manuel of the engine to take apart. but is there a video that anyone knows of?. and what is the most possible thing wrong with the bike? im thinking its the piston seized. Id say the piston is what burnt out first. (NO oil)

Your going to have to take off the cylinder head to find the damage since the bike can lock up for numerous reasons. No oil, ouch.... you most likely have either a seized piston and/or broken valves. If you fried the head your looking at least $800 bucks.

I'd say new cam bearings, possably new cam, new rod, crank and bottom end bearing, maybe oil pump plus god knows what else.

The bore could be shot.

It's not going to be acheap rebuild. What did you do? did you forget to put the oil back in after draining?

I have the same exact problem man on my 06 crf250r...it locked up on me 2 days ago and i pulled my plug out and put a new one in, then i was able to kick it again and it almost started then froze up again...the only thing different is i had plenty oil....i talked to honda and they said it sounds like my valves so im bringing it to them tomorrow