Sign in to follow this  

Front Brake Rotor

Bent my front brake rotor on something this past weekend at Spangler. Bent it back close enough to straight so I would have brakes on the first application of the lever but it is not perfect. Is there an aftermarket brand that is better (thicker) than stock or should I just replace it with the stock rotor?

Bent my front brake rotor on something this past weekend at Spangler. Bent it back close enough to straight so I would have brakes on the first application of the lever but it is not perfect. Is there an aftermarket brand that is better (thicker) than stock or should I just replace it with the stock rotor?

...I use an oversized Braking rotor, and pads. Works GREAT.

I don't run any guards on my front rotor (I'm a risk taker I guess), and try to keep it as cool as possible since I use it so heavily!

Must be bent rotor month....

I hear ya there. I just straightened a rear (I only noticed it as I rode down the pavement on last long ride). Post Mohard, it's not bending for nuttin!

Darn rocks....I'm using the stock "disc guard" rear and nothing up front. Does Mohard make a front guard? It certainly couldn't cause any more heat fade problems than a bent rotor does.

Darn rocks....I'm using the stock "disc guard" rear and nothing up front. Does Mohard make a front guard? It certainly couldn't cause any more heat fade problems than a bent rotor does.

Don't think so. And just a matter of time you bend that rear. Get-a-guard!

I have both front and rear. The rear is a Scotts which covers about half the rotor and it has some good pitting and dents. The rotor is great. Guess that one is working...:ride: Now the front is plastic and it completely covers the rotor. Don't know who makes it. But no problems yet.:thumbsup:

Must be bent rotor month....

replacing both of mine this week :thumbsup:

I bent the front & replaced it with OEM and a DEVOL guard. Only guards I like for the rear are shark fin style that is the caliper mount too. Don't have one yet.

I bent the front & replaced it with OEM and a DEVOL guard. Only guards I like for the rear are shark fin style that is the caliper mount too. Don't have one yet.

That is what my scotts is on the rear I think. Something could actually still hit the rotor if it hit just right cause mine (shark fin style?) runs along the side of the Rotor down the front half and then back and under about half way. Its the caliper mount too.

OEM

If we were talking about XR650's I would say go for the big front rotor, the stock brakes on the 450x are awesome, stop on a dime and have a great feel to them.

I have been using Ironman (now DirtTricks) sprockets since they came out. Anyone who has used one knows they are a piece of art. I too use an oversize front but I'd bet their rotors are as good as they say they are:

http://www.dirttricks.com/brake_rotors.htm

:thumbsup:Thanks for the link to these rotors. Never knew they existed.

:thumbsup:Thanks for the link to these rotors. Never knew they existed.

You're welcome. I just saw them two days ago as I was ordering some more sprockets. The black color looks trick but I'm sure they perform exactly as advertised.

I have used Braking rotors for a long time, mostly because I like the oversize front and wave rear. My old school rides never got the benefit of OE wave rotors like the newer CRFs have. Their CM46 pads are the best I've ever used hauling the 650R down from warp speeds. That said I have never has a problem with any OE Honda rotor. They are perfect for 95% of all riders.

If somebody tries them before I do, please report here.

.......... Their CM46 pads are the best I've ever used ...........

Oh shit... that cat's outa' the bag!! :thumbsup:

With the money you save on these. Front / Rear

You can afford to buy proper rotor guards. :thumbsup:

Do you use these? if so, how do you like them?

I must be living right.....TWO great brake tips in the same day:thumbsup::lol::ride:

It just doesnt get any better than this. :thumbsup::lol: