Sign in to follow this  

KX100 Reliability

Hi guys,sorry with all these threads Im just really excited to get my first 2 stroke.So anyway Ive heard kx100s are very reliable but I just want a bike that will last I bought a klx140L may 5th 2009 and already outgrown it I dont want to keep buying bikes so I have to make the KX last any info would be great:thumbsup:

i did a full rebuild on my old 100 rode it for 6 months sold it, last i saw it was with about 9 months of riding on it, still running strong......

i think you'll outgrow it before it blows up....

Anything will be good and reliable if you take care of it. If you beat the hell out of it, it won't last. But The bike is made to be run hard and it's normal for things to wear out. Topends, chain/sprockets, etc.

If you're getting a used bike, I suggest going throught he exterior things. Pulls axles and swingarm bolt, Clean and apply antisieze to them, Remove rear brake lever bolt, clean, inspect o-ring and grease with a good waterproof grease. Wheel bearing grease is good stuff. It would be a good time to check all your bearings/bushings. Swimgarm and linkage wear significantly.

As for the inside of the motor. If it were me, About the most I'd do is the clutch side. Just the cover. That way you can at least check your plates and that will give you an indicaton on how much the bike was ridden and how it was ridden.