Sign in to follow this  

yz125 fmf pipe

I heard that the fmf header will add low end power. Is this true? Also will it take away any top end power?

which FMF pipe are you talking about? I'm pretty sure they offer like 3/4 different ones for the 125.

i have an sst and i love it. it runs smother while adding power in the middle and up top while not really taking away from the bottom

FMF Factory fatty. ( the unplated works style)

not to cofused w/the reg fatty.

works well bottom to top.

Factory Fatty is the same as the regular fatty, just the fatty is plated

They are not identical when comparing the FMF factory fatty to the regular fatty on the 05+ YZ 125 they have different header shapes it was the last and most up to date pipe FMF made for it brett metcafes YOT 125 he ran this pipe.

I run this pipe with my 144 It feels about the same off the bottom to me kind of smoothed out the mid to top end hit and let it rev out longer. Compared to the stock pipe on my 144 the factory fatty felt like someone had removed a bunch of restrictive washers inside the pipe.

They are not identical when comparing the FMF factory fatty to the regular fatty on the 05+ YZ 125 they have different header shapes it was the last and most up to date pipe FMF made for it brett metcafes YOT 125 he ran this pipe.

I run this pipe with my 144 It feels about the same off the bottom to me kind of smoothed out the mid to top end hit and let it rev out longer. Compared to the stock pipe on my 144 the factory fatty felt like someone had removed a bunch of restrictive washers inside the pipe.

Correct info sir.

My engine builder swears by the factory fatty for the yz125 for the reasons you mentioned.

The plated fatty is sometimes a disapointment. less botom and a huge hit in the middle. any old pipe you weld up with 6 beers can do that .

FActory Fatty and Shorty is the shit on the a YZ125! That is the way to go!!