Sign in to follow this  

jetting problem or?

hey guys i have a 2004 crf 50, it has an 88 kit 18 mm carb uni filter and bbr d2 pipe it idlels good however if i go to give it gas quickly it will want to stall if i go real slow for like half a second then hit it quick it will rev to the moon. is that jetting or are they all like that? and second at high rpm in 3rd it will sputter occasiaonly is that jetting? thanks for the help in advance.

hey guys i have a 2004 crf 50, it has an 88 kit 18 mm carb uni filter and bbr d2 pipe it idlels good however if i go to give it gas quickly it will want to stall if i go real slow for like half a second then hit it quick it will rev to the moon. is that jetting or are they all like that? and second at high rpm in 3rd it will sputter occasiaonly is that jetting? thanks for the help in advance.

Richen the pilot circuit - if your carb has an air screw, close it down until you get snappy throttle response off idle. You may have to go up a size on the pilot jet. Sputtering at high RPM could just be you hitting the rev limiter. If jetted too rich, it would likely sputter on the way up, then clean up once the RPMs got higher.

JayC