Sign in to follow this  

Hotcams question

Hay guys well whenever i get mmy new bike down the road i may look into getting a set of hotcams.

But i was wondering can you just buy one cam. I saw like this stage 1 or 2 cam and it says increases bottom end and mid range and imporives snap. Could i just put that one single cam in there? Or do i have to put both in.

Also by the way which cam is that? I mean the one i just described? Is that intake or exhaust? Do you really get more performance by using these cams? Also do you have to rejets, and also what else do you have to do?

\

\thanks

Yea, you can buy just one. That's what I did for my son's 02, got the stage 1 exhaust for auto decomp feature... works great. Call Hot Cams and talk to Steve Beaver 1-515-402-8000, or go to ebay and search. Remember, cams work with pipes, work with mufflers, its all a balancing act. Be sure you get what you want.

You also don't have to rejet and the intake camshaft will give the most power. Exhaust camshaft doesn't add very much to the overall power.

I put a set in 4 months ago and I'm loving the auto decompression and low end torque.